clone?? wondering about getting one

spewya

ok cuz my clutch has a 3/16" key way

ive heard from a bunch of people that the blue clone is gona be replaced with a 7hp preditor model

so as they are saying how the blue max engine is so much better than the hf blue ones ..actuly they really arnt to much different??
who are "THEY", by the way?
About 90% of us here run the BLUE clone from Harbor Freight. When you hear stuff like blue max, power fist, greyhound, that's just a bunch of people out there putting their name on the same product. Buy one and get to riding.

Like I said in your previous post...I live a couple miles from you. If you need help...or needs parts...just ask. You can pop by or vise versa.

spewya

well the only reason i am second guessing getting the blue clone is the fact that hf is going to replace them with a different model engine..and if i get the hf clone and it does take a crap how will the waranty system work if they cant replace it because they dont carry it any more??

well the only reason i am second guessing getting the blue clone is the fact that hf is going to replace them with a different model engine..and if i get the hf clone and it does take a crap how will the waranty system work if they cant replace it because they dont carry it any more??
if you buy a warranty with it, you'll be fine. you might even get the new predator as a replacement if it comes to it. i'm sure they've thought that out by now and have a good answer for you.

Look brother It's $100 ride it like you stole it when it Fs up scrap it and get another engine not a big deal ..:wink:

well the only reason i am second guessing getting the blue clone is the fact that hf is going to replace them with a different model engine
that happens.

just because Chevy replaced the LT1 with the LS1 does that make the LT1 a bad engine (aside from the POS optispark)? no it doesn't.

trust us, go buy one.

spewya

i wnt and bought one ..with the cupon it equaled out to 104 bucks .. i got the 2 year warrenty and hf said that is this enging needs a replacement they will give me the preditor model.. the thing now that im confused about is there are 2 type of greyhound 6.5 engine the 66014(CARB & EPA aproved) model and the 66015(EPA aproved only) model .. the 66014 sais that it requires 91+OCTANE or better and the 66015 you can use regula unleaded fuel..ok here is the confusing part the box my engine came in sais its the 6605 model and the book it came with sais to use 91+ octane
what do i do??

the 66014 one is only available in CA. that's why it's CARB approved. like Ibanez616 said, you'll be fine running 87 octane (or 89 if that's the lowest they sell where you live).

i have 2 hf blue clones (stock) and i've beat the piss out of them every day for an hour or two per day for the last month without any problems... one of them i bought new a month ago and the other i bought used and who knows how old it is... put a new NGK plug in it, 10w30 oil in it and 87oct gas ride out...

/thread