Clutch Band Brakes?

I have Caliper Brakes on my Cat, That grab the chain sprocket on the back,,, they are way less than good. I was wondering about the Clutch band Brakes,,, do they work well,, and will lock up the back tire if necessary. seems it would be a easier modification that most brake set ups. And the caliper on the sprocket brakes are terrible.

Oh they work well. Too well for some people. I have one on my wife's bike. You definitely have to know how to work the brake. If you just squeeze the lever like normal, it will lock up the tire and jerk you forward. You have to bump it a few times lightly to get it to stop. I have no problems with it, but everyone else that rides it hates it. My wife doesn't like to ride it because of the brake. I'm actually going to put a hydraulic disk setup for a doodle on it so she'll want to ride it more.

Mac

I have a mini that I ride that I've geared for 50 mph running
with the use of a jackshaft and crazy gearing.
Due to my high gearing my clutch gets so hot the clutch brake
fails to work effectively. I back it up with a good pair of shoes.

One of the members here (PacoTaco99) on a recent ride seemed
to have no problem with his clutch brake on his Cat 400X with standard gearing,
so I guess as long as you don't really heat up the clutch they work fine.

I'm in the process of switching back to a drum brake inside the rear sprocket, and
if that doesn't work out I'll just ride behind a buddy and he'll slow me down when he slows.