Clutch help please

Well I had to use a puller to get the other clutch off and even after cleaning the shaft real good the new one was a pretty tight fit, I'm afraid of damaging it will the puller

trinik7597

if it is a masters of motion made by hillard you probably got it at tractor supply . I would do what hp said they are not the best clutch for the money last one I got slipped bad even after cleaning all the excess oil out of it :thumbsup:

Are the teeth inboard or outboard? If outboard use a wedge made from wood and slip it between motor and clutch and tap it in. If teeth inboard, hopefully grabbing it with both hands and pulling will get it off. Before installing next clutch start motor and take some 110 or 220 grit sandpaper and polish the crankshaft. Use a little oil and the new clutch should slide on with little effort, if not see if there is a dent or raised piece of metal interferring and carefully file it smooth..

T-Town Mini

Well any tips on pulling it off without damaging it ?
Use something between the puller and the clutch...masking tape on the clutch to keep from scratching it and then scrap aluminum to protect it from the puller.

(no scrap aluminum? use a beverage can cut into spacers to fit)

buckeye

Do what Bill said for sure. Great advice by both posters.
And maybe spray it with some pb blaster and let it sit a bit.

so this is what I didn't want to happen.

This seemed to work out good

I wanted to press against the X rather than the edges thats where the wrench came in handy trying to do this:

I bought this cart for a fun lil project, the guy i bought it from told me it needed a new engine, really all it needed was to remove a small bolt that fell into the carb, also needs a bunch of new seals, other than that its running great now.

I can see If I need any help you all will be so helpful :D thanks

you can clean that up with a file and itll be ok. thats why your clutch was hard to get on. got to file it down where it got peened over. to get a stuck clutch off without damaging it with a puller I usually grab hold of the clutch with both hands and let the engine hang. Have another person hammer the shaft down through and the engine falls out. Just use a nice big punch so you dont peen the end of the shaft. another piece loose fitting 3/4" shaft would be ideal. You cant swap that #41 sprocket onto a #35 drum because as you can see the part where it fits into the drum is the same shape as the sprocket. So on that style clutch each sprocket is specific to its size drum.