clutch springs for deepco maximatic clutch

springs

One of the springs on my clutch broke, I need to find a replacement.

Thanks

Rob
I cut mine froma long spring and and ad o bent the end to fit. I fact I made the whole clutch. Back in the fifties I was in HS with no money. I borrowed my cousins clutch and made the aluminum housing with used alumi
num by casting into a mold I had made with plaster of paris. In the first attempt the molten al came shooting out because of the steam produced om the water in plaster. Next attempt I baked the mold for hours..
I used an adjstable pulley and lathe to make the rest. Used ball bearings of "right size". I did all this cause my Dad said I could not doit!. I am now using it on a sidekick with a 6.5 hp. My springs are a little weak after all the years. But what is'nt.

james c

I cut mine froma long spring and and ad o bent the end to fit. I fact I made the whole clutch. Back in the fifties I was in HS with no money. I borrowed my cousins clutch and made the aluminum housing with used alumi
num by casting into a mold I had made with plaster of paris. In the first attempt the molten al came shooting out because of the steam produced om the water in plaster. Next attempt I baked the mold for hours..
I used an adjstable pulley and lathe to make the rest. Used ball bearings of "right size". I did all this cause my Dad said I could not doit!. I am now using it on a sidekick with a 6.5 hp. My springs are a little weak after all the years. But what is'nt.

that sounds pretty cool!

What a great first post!