cold turkey

Been smoking for 10years...

Time to make a change.. quitting cold turkey starting today.

Smoked my last grit about 10pm last night and im not buying anymore!

:hammer:

Good luck my friend. I did it twice and it CAN be done. Just set your mind to it and don't accept anything less than success. You will do it.

Doc

I'm addicted too. Quit once for five years, and still started back up in a moment of weakness.

Like they say, "one day at a time." I'd like to see you succeed in this. :thumbsup:

incogrhino

But.... that is the key...... don't smoke that first one in the morning. And when ya want one..... pretend ya just had one and get back to work.

Thats what i did.. Used to smoke when I was like in high school because it was getting away with stuff and fun then.. :laugh: smoked for like 5, 6 years.. There would be a time or two that I would just decide, THIS is dumb, I'm gonna quit.. And just stop for a couple weeks.. HELL, the first couple weeks is the hard part.. :laugh: Once ya do that you pretty well win..

BUT.. I would just walk into the store one day and decide HEY I'm gonna get a pack of cigarettes why not.. :shrug:

THEN be rite back to smoking.. :laugh:

I did that a few times.. THEN I was working at this one joint, couldn't stand the stupidity, "FCK YOU I quit " still got bills to pay CAN"T REALLY afford smokes at THREE DAMN DOLLARS A PACK NOW!! :glare:

I'm just gonna quit.. Kinda gotta.. :shrug: and did.. and haven't (smoked) since.. MAYBE have one here and there once or twice a year if that...

Then smoke a cigarette, and say "WHY the fck did I ever smoke those nasty bastards to begin with? " :glare:

I'm not kiddin ya man.. Like in Hikescool we used to always smoke Marlborow Reds..That was by choice, at the PREMIUM 1.85 a pack or some shit...

I CAN NOT smoke a Red now days.. MY GOD.. I never tasted Opossum Piss.. But if I had to describe smoking a Red, I would say... It tastes a lot like I would imagine opossum piss tastes like.. :shrug:

something about te flavor.. I'd rather have the basic red (if they even make em anymore) THEN at that.. ya say DAMN this shit is gross.. :glare: Makes ya feel like hell, can't breathe, hacking up gooballs.. :glare:

Just STOP!! smoking.. Mind over matter.. I will not not smoke a cigarette.. OPE my lungs say it's time ta NOPE!! that's rite I'm not gonna smoke anymore.. :glare:

You'll get cravings.. But just think of something else and pretty much ignore it.. It'll go away after a while I'm not shitting ya.. :shrug: I mean it's physically HARDER to have to purchase, open a pack, take one out, light it, go through the motions.. Than it is to just NOT smoke....

to NOT smoke a cigarette.. ya just do nothing at all... Like ya just sit here like :mellow: and don't gotta wiggle your hands and stuff.. :mellow:

The first two weeks is the hard part where your body just tricks your brain into thinking it wants one.. after that ya pretty well win, if you allow it.. Just don't by whim decide to buy a pack..

especially when ya remind yourself.. OH YEAH!! I CAN'T AFFORD to buy a pack, because they're SEVEN FCKING DOLLARS per pack per DAY!! and if I start a smoking habit they'll come repo the Ferrari.. :facepalm:

Last edited:
After 17 years of smoking I was up to 2 1/2 packs of Pall Malls , I never ever tried to quit and out of the blue I just decided to quit and I asked God for help. I went cold turhey off and never looked back that was 36 years ago. When I quite a pack of Pall Malls was $.50

Steve :scooter:

CubBenzo : Don't give an inch and go at it like they say one day at a time

wish you luck, haven't smoked in about 3 years or so, best decision ever, getting winded after going up the stairs really got me thinking.

it sounds silly, but i just replaced the urge to smoke with chewing gum, not even nicotine gum, anytime i wanted to smoke i would chew a piece of gum, it really helped, and ive heard it work for several other people to.

I quit Thankgiving day, 2005, cold turkey {pun intended:laugh:} Never looked back. My wife smokes, I constanly encourage her to quit, and I also make her smoke outside :hammer::laugh:

Itype2slo

4 weeks today also the 4th time I quit I used the zyban twice before and stopped for almost a year and then for a few months and then started again. This time no drugs I just don't like it anymore I think my body said stop. I haven't missed it so far. Knock On Wood :thumbsup:

I quit Monday.

I started this around new years

First went the morning smoke, then the work smokes, then Monday I got up and called it.

I have had some trouble with it.
I wanted to have one with a beer tonight.
Got home no one was here and pack of player's on the ledge where I keep my keys.

But I didn't do it.

I have bit of a headache.
Probably because I am not smoking but this is it now I hope.
25+ years of smoking coming to a close...

cant understand why anyone would smoke... bad stuff people..
Because it makes you look so cool!

I miss the cough and chest pain already.

why it seems just this week I wanted one so bad I would have degraded myself for it.

Thats how hard a grip it can develop.
I almost think its a part of me.
Not much in this world nicer than a smoke and beer after a hard day at work.

except maybe 1 thing.....
And right now I would take the smoke over that...

Itype2slo

Got some headaches. the worse was night sweats the first few weeks like 3 shirts a night but its got better. Gotta separate the drinking from smoking divide & conquer. Good Luck :thumbsup:

The best part is not having to go to the store right away in the morning cuz I ran out . :doah: Really.... its a shitty drug.... that takes all your $...... makes ya smell like shit.... and yes ya stink. :laugh: and is just gonna kill ya.

My fail safe was I quit and ran out and bought a dodge quad cab long bed 3500 4x4....... pretty much made sure I couldn't afford to go back... and I got a truck.:wink: 5$ use to get me a pack of smokes and a meal.... now ya can't get either with the same 5$. Still got a fiver out of my very first pay check.... and its worth less daily :doah::eek:ut::laugh: