Coleman B200R Mods

DTOM

The parts came this week and I installed the torque converter and Stage 1 kit. The shaft is 3/4" so I used the 30 series torque converter but the bolts were a different thread than what was included. The bolts were M8-1.25 and readily available at Lowes. I'm guessing the B200R, although similar looking to the RB200, doesn't have all the same specs. I also had to cut out more of the plastic cover as the belt would rub whereas the mods I've seen to the RB200 only required cutting clearance for the chain.

I notice a performance difference, but not what I was expecting, I thought it would be more pronounced. I also don't like that it got louder, I'd prefer to keep it somewhat quiet. We've got chickens, rabbits, goats, and a hog. They got use to the sound of it stock, but when I went by the goats earlier today, they panicked and one of them got out of the fencing trying to get away. The hog freaks out too and starts zooming around and then attacks the fencing and hutch. I'm going to call GPS tomorrow and see if they have a fix for the loud exhaust.

I painted the torque converter cover black (it came blue), and painted those plastic pieces in the frame black as well. I like it better than the red with the Coleman lantern sticker.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

Put the stock muffler back on. It'll work and flow perfectly fine until you get to 5300 rpm, you're not there yet.

Stage 1 kits are a sales gimmick.
When you call em, they will tell you "now you need a stage 2 kit" .

You know what comes after stage 2 ??? More money on useless crap parts you dont need.

DTOM

The stock muffler's back on for now. HF is putting their Predator 212 non hemi's on sale for $100 starting on the 20th. I'm going to pick up one of those and have it to tinker with while I ride the current setup. I'll try running the header/muffler combo on the Predator when I swap them out.

I ordered a front disc brake kit and a rear swing arm kit from GPS to install. Some of these trails are pretty bumpy with roots, it'll be nice to smooth them out a bit.

The GPS kits say they're for the MM212 and also fit the Coleman RB200 & RT200. I looked on the Coleman site and the replacement part numbers for the RB200 frame and forks are the same as the B200R from Tractor Supply so the kits should fit just fine.

B200R Parts List

RB200 Parts List

I went for a ride around the dirt roads here yesterday and ended up out of gas and pushing the bike about a mile home. I had checked the gas tank before I left and saw gas on the bottom of the drop in filter so I thought I was good. It would appear the filter was wet but not sitting in the gas. I'll be sure to pull it to check next time. I'm having a blast with this thing. I love to ride and I love to tinker, it's a great platform for both.

EDIT: I mentioned earlier I didn't see the performance increase I anticipated with the new carb and torque converter. I realized I hadn't touched the throttle stop screw yet. It wasn't tack welded so I was able to easily back it out. The performance is on par with what I was expecting now.

Last edited:
"Stage #1 KIT"
Same as chrome pipes. They look like you got more performance.
Back in the old days, we first made power, then we found traction, then we made money from the chrome-wheel guys.
the chrome wheel guys paid for our chrome parts.

pomfish

"Stage #1 KIT"
Same as chrome pipes. They look like you got more performance.
Back in the old days, we first made power, then we found traction, then we made money from the chrome-wheel guys.
the chrome wheel guys paid for our chrome parts.
As they said back in the day " If it don't go, Chrome it! "
As true now as ever.

DTOM

Why does everyone think they need to go faster?
Fun factor?

No chrome yet but I did put a sticker on the front fender.

The swing arm and front brake kits have shipped, should be here Wednesday. I added a tach/hour meter and got a phone mount for the handle bar, the speedometer/trip/map app is handy.

Please let us know how much work, and how much improvement there is from the swing arm. That bike really is nice looking, and it is built like a tank. Needs suspension though.

The parts came this week and I installed the torque converter and Stage 1 kit. The shaft is 3/4" so I used the 30 series torque converter but the bolts were a different thread than what was included. The bolts were M8-1.25 and readily available at Lowes. I'm guessing the B200R, although similar looking to the RB200, doesn't have all the same specs. I also had to cut out more of the plastic cover as the belt would rub whereas the mods I've seen to the RB200 only required cutting clearance for the chain.

I notice a performance difference, but not what I was expecting, I thought it would be more pronounced. I also don't like that it got louder, I'd prefer to keep it somewhat quiet. We've got chickens, rabbits, goats, and a hog. They got use to the sound of it stock, but when I went by the goats earlier today, they panicked and one of them got out of the fencing trying to get away. The hog freaks out too and starts zooming around and then attacks the fencing and hutch. I'm going to call GPS tomorrow and see if they have a fix for the loud exhaust.

I painted the torque converter cover black (it came blue), and painted those plastic pieces in the frame black as well. I like it better than the red with the Coleman lantern sticker.

View attachment 307569

View attachment 307572

View attachment 307570

View attachment 307571
Looks nice, I plan on installing a torque converter on mine. What engine relocation bracket did you use? Also, where did you get your toque converter? I'm trying to pick one. Thanks.

Thanks but what engine relocation bracket? There are two types I have found. The plate that raises and moves forward and the 1 inch square bar that just raises it an inch. I want to keep my stock air box and muffler to keep it quiet for now and he said he could fit the stock muffler with his setup.

Harquebus

Thanks but what engine relocation bracket?......

If you really want to know, start your own thread instead of tacking your own inquiry onto someone else's thread (it's called a hijack) or just use the search function. Questions about adding a TC to these bikes & covering all the pitfalls has probably been asked 1,000 times already.

People won't give your question the consideration it deserves (or doesn't deserve lol) because most people already read this thread. Just saying...

MJL

Put the stock muffler back on. It'll work and flow perfectly fine until you get to 5300 rpm, you're not there yet.

Stage 1 kits are a sales gimmick.
When you call em, they will tell you "now you need a stage 2 kit" .

You know what comes after stage 2 ??? More money on useless crap parts you dont need.
We’ve got 3 bikes. Two stock engines for the kids and mine, which I have spent what I consider a fair amount on improvements; PVL flywheel, billet rod, 265 cam, 22lb springs, and Nibbi carb, all paired with a CVT and Juggernaut driver. The upgraded engine runs quite well, and I throughly enjoyed the learning process.

That said, I don’t think I would spend the money to do it again for our riding situation, which is knocking around a few acre property. What I would do; Aluminum flywheel-aside from the safety factor, it made a noticeable difference in how fast the engine was able to spin up, adjust the governor for approximately 4800 rpms, use an adapter and high flow FOAM air filter (UNI style), rejet the carb, and pair it with a CVT with the Juggernaut/Torquzilla/Super 30 driver.

The Super 30 style driver operates in a lower range than the Comet style and seems to work better with the stock sprockets.

Now if I had regular access to a riding area with several long, straight runs over an 1/8 mile, I‘d probably be back on board for the Rod, Cam/springs, and carb.

Common upgrades I would not mess with at all; “racing” sparkplugs*, K&N style air filters**, open header pipes***billet flywheels****

*Took me a while to figure out a lot of “racing” parts are “cheats” for regulated kart racing where winning by a foot is winning, but would make no noticeable difference to you or me when riding around on our Colemans.
**Possibly have the best air flow but also clog with dust. Probably alright if you ride on paved roads, and/or use a foam prefilter. The stock filter is probably the most reliable in harsh conditions.
***The noise! I put an open header on my bike for exactly one lap around the property. My head was throbbing by the time I got back to the house. I’ve been to Busco Beach twice for mini rides and it was deafening, not sure I will do it a third time. I built my own Cherry Bomb style muffler. It is by no means quiet, but much better than the open header.
****There are several other, less expensive, options available.

Edited: Wow, just went to the GPS website, maybe just me, but it seems like the price of the kits has really gone up over the past several years. You can probably do much better buying what you need separately.

Last edited: