Colemanc200u problems

I have a Coleman c200u it’s been sitting for years put on a new carb and it’s running when it idles if I don’t give it gas it shuts off I have turned up the idle still nothing once it hit top speed and I let off it shuts off I’m starting to give up on it and think it’s a internal problem there’s also oil where the valves are and when I pull the pull start half way it locks up plz help

On top in the rear. Says OHV on it. Between the air filter and the muffler.
I took oil out had way to much defiantly idling better when I flip on the clutch tho it cuts out I’ve let it warm up still nothin also gets super hard to pull the pull start all the way I think that’s a problem with the intake and outak in the ohv

Could be alot of things. Your descriptions are not very detailed. Did you install the carburetor? New gasket? Remove all of the old gasket?
Could be an air leak between the carb and the black spacer. I would look at everything you did before I would think about taking anything else apart. Valve lash causing these problems would be pretty remote.
I do not understand what you mean by "flip on the clutch".

How are you adding oil? What hole are you pouring it into? They only hold about 2 or 3 CUPS of oil. Sounds like you still have too much oil in it. Drain it all out. I will find out how much to put back in. It is the stock 196 cc engine, correct?

I installed the new carb the gasket all seem good
How are you adding oil? What hole are you pouring it into? They only hold about 2 or 3 CUPS of oil. Sounds like you still have too much oil in it. Drain it all out. I will find out how much to put back in. It is the stock 196 cc engine, correct?
I took off a gasket on carb helped the performance and top speed but when I pull the pull cord still gets caught up half way like not the actually pull start but piston I think