comet tav 30 system chinese copy

Sprocket86

I've had good success with the clone Tav 30 series torque converters.

Like Sixpac440 said, use a genuine Comet Tav2 drive belt. The China ones stretch and are to large.

The driven pulley torsion spring has a natural or red color spring. Not sure how these compare to the Comet green and yellow torsion springs.

I've used many and never had any bearing problems. Can't beat the price either. $52.50 with Free Shipping.
Danford1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GO-KART-TO...800843?hash=item5b1fc187cb:g:RbMAAMXQTT9Ru8dN
thanks, I got it Thursday, it only took 3 days to get here. I have inspected it and everything is legit! what a deal almost too good to be true. i'm gonna do the mock up today so I can let andy know where I need the sprocket plate for the rear axle alignment. my bro is a machinist and he is making my rear hub and axle assy' from scratch out of dom tube and 3/8" plates-heavy duty! I hope this tav30 works ok with my tech 10hp. I am putting front and rear racks, electric start that I got from andy, a battery, top mount gas tank, lights and a large oversized seat for 2-up with the wife all on the el burro as a pack mule for shroomin and scouting. I weigh 265, the wife is 160 and with all the trimmings and add ons it's gonna be about as heavy as an actual burro-lol-thanks to all of you who replied, it's good to know this info it saved me big bucks! much appreciated men!

Last edited:
thanks, I got it Thursday, it only took 3 days to get here. I have inspected it and everything is legit! what a deal almost too good to be true. i'm gonna do the mock up today so I can let andy know where I need the sprocket plate for the rear axle alignment. my bro is a machinist and he is making my rear hub and axle assy' from scratch out of dom tube and 3/8" plates-heavy duty! I hope this tav30 works ok with my tech 10hp. I am putting front and rear racks, electric start that I got from andy, a battery, top mount gas tank, lights and a large oversized seat for 2-up with the wife all on the el burro as a pack mule for shroomin and scouting. I weigh 265, the wife is 160 and with all the trimmings and add ons it's gonna be about as heavy as an actual burro-lol-thanks to all of you who replied, it's good to know this info it saved me big bucks! much appreciated men!
Excellent. I'm glad you were pleased with the unit. I've never had any problems with them.
Now, we will need pictures of that rear axle and hub assy. We all like custom made parts :)
Danford1