Confused in doodleland

OK, I don't own one and haven't really had the opportunity to buy one but what the Sam Hill is so cool about a Doodlebug?

I know little about them. Are they old, new or what???

or why don't I want one????

Neck

Growing up is optional
What's so cool about a doodle bug ya say? Well... their about the closest thing to a vintage mini bike that's still mass produced today! Do you want one? Sure! their cool. Easy to mod, and there is a lot of stuff you can buy to mod them. What else do you need to know?

How long they been being made????

OK, you seem to like them, any bad elements of them???
Where are they sold???

Where are they made??? USA?????

Neck

Growing up is optional
Their actually cheaply made Chinese pieces of.........well they aren't junk, for what you pay for them they really aren't bad. They are imported by Baja Motorsports, and they have been sold in the states for about 7 years by companies like Pep Boys and the Northern equipment catalog, I'm sure there's other dealers in different states. Fox used to sell Doodle Bugs but those were not the same as what's available now, There were Hiawatha Doodle Bugs in the 40's too, but those are completely different animals! The biggest Achilles heel on these bikes is the Crap 2.8 H.P. engine and the clutch that comes on it, but that's fairly easy to remedy

Last edited:
Nothing cool about them really, just so many of them out there since they are still in production and people sell them off so often due to problems or lost interest in something that everyone else has? I have one but lately have come to feeling nauseous when I look at it.

oldsledz

They are fairly cheap, and you can mod it all you want and beat the crap out of it with out the guilt you may get if you used a vintage bike. Also they are bigger than a lot of the vintage bikes.

I have enuf big bikes in the 777, Super Bronc and Rokon.
Think I might just stay with those for the time being.

But having one to mod out could be fun!!!!

toomanytoys

I have a clone, another TAV, some nice manco wheels, and a few other parts laying around I'd like to put into a bike, Considering if I should get a Doodlebug or a Azusa kit.

oldsledz

I have a clone, another TAV, some nice manco wheels, and a few other parts laying around I'd like to put into a bike, Considering if I should get a Doodlebug or a Azusa kit.

Being you have most of the parts other than the frame, go to Motor City Minis swap and see what you can find I am sure there will be a good selection of frames.