Cool snowmobile like thingys up for auction on Post Falls, ID

oldsledz

They were made here in Michigan in the 70s twin tracks with the engine in the back.
I have one of the earliest ones with a 8HP Briggs & Stratton engine.

How good do they work? I realize they would probably be a dog in deep snow like most old sleds, but how are they in light snow like maybe a foot? Or for runnin up and down the road?
Just wondering:thumbsup:
Its all talk cuz I cant go out to the auction that day anyways, Plus I need one of these like another hole in my head:eek:ut: I can't get to the projects I have:laugh:

Yeah those are interesting but it wonder how stable they are.

I'd hate to be in one when it flipped over but I guess they probably dont go screaming fast but then how much fun could that be driving in something that looks like that halftrack in that old old christmas special.:lol:

I want/need a 6-wheeler.......we had one when I was a kid, it was a scrambler ...that was fun to run around in and it wasnt to terribly fast.

oldsledz

They will do a decent job in all but the deepest snow and are pretty stable , but if you do flip it there better be someone around to help you. They will go 50-60 mph.

then how much fun could that be driving in something that looks like that halftrack in that old old christmas special.:lol:.
:lol: it does kinda remind me of that old track in that xmas special. thats hilarious. i guess if you had one the thing to do would be to wire up some plastice deer in the front and drive it around at xmas time:lol: :thumbsup:

early 70s raider i got 1 but havent had it out yet i just got my drive cog replaced now i need to get the engin to idel & im ready to rip its even got the orignal ccw engin my bro has a green 1 with a trans plant kawi engin i hear there gr8 hill climbers

They were made here in Michigan in the 70s twin tracks with the engine in the back.
I have one of the earliest ones with a 8HP Briggs & Stratton engine.
What did ya ever do with that one ya got from me?.... Is it in the shredder pil? Those things are neat but good lord if ya ever got one stuck you'd need a heavy lift helicopter to move it... And it looks like it gets stuck pretty easy... :eek:hmy: