Cooler Heads...

I keep getting e-mails and private messages from people scolding me for encouraging other members who post ideas for projects that some people have deemed...'unsafe'...'obviously too difficult'...'tried it already/didn't work'...'not what the person needs, even though they say it's what they want'...etc.

I'm not a moderate person...if you tell me you want to build a turbo drag bike for your three year-old...fine, go for it, man...can't wait to see the photos. I'm not going to tell you that you might not be able to build that kind of bike, and I have no idea if your kid can ride it or not...it's not for me to say...

I'm just here to learn from your experiences.

I also get some flak for encouraging people to try engine mods that some people think also fall into the above categories, and I've been called a hypocrite, because I don't post my own engine modifications.

Personally, I don't want to share them here...

Since the early seventies, I've been hanging out with other guys from Cushman, and if you were ever interested in quarter-midget racing, you've seen some of the modifications done to those engines...

I'm here because I like to make functional minibikes and parts from scrap and junk...not to discuss engine mods, although I enjoy reading your ideas on the subject.

I'll probably never say something can't or shouldn't be done...I honestly believe anyone can probably do almost anything if they try...and a lot can be learned from failure... like trying again, without giving up.

If we didn't try new and difficult things that might not work, we'd never end up with things like this...

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Don't let that stuff bother you. I use to get into trouble all the time on other sites from giving to much free info. I personally like to give the info to anyone that wants to listen and learn from what I have done so far. The good thing about this site is that there are no professional builders here. So I'm not giving advice to someone in a paying competition, and hurting someone else's business.

In my eyes you are a well known as being the fabricator of this site. That's your own personal skill, and the stuff you do I can learn from it. Because simply I haven't done it before.

Man...now you've got me trying to remember that guys name...it might be Ivan Vagt from Sales and Service.

That photo is from the cover of Popular Mechanics...taken in '68 or '69.

My dad was in Sales and Service, and we had two prototypes for testing...owned several more later on through the years. Tons of fun...

And that windbreaker is Nebraska Cornhusker red, by the way.