Correct manco trailcat kickstand?

It does not have folding foot pegs it's just got a solid straight bar. 20160815_202758.jpg
There is no bracket I see on the frame, I think it uses a motor mount hole but I'm confused on what style of stand is correct

Last edited:
yes do you need a pic?not all trailcats came with remote tanks,your frame has the mounts,the last number on the model denotes remote tank .5 is a remote tank

markus

Canuk, did you happen to notice if the leg on the stand is stamped Cecor 12501 by chance? If it is, to James: I just refurbished one of those for a bike I redoing and I did pattern it while I had it apart so if you come up with a long enough donor stand I can reshape it. That one has to be pretty long though, you cant really straighten whats already bent without them going way out of shape.

That particular stand if it is the 12501 can be found on the earlier bird 6" wheeled bikes and the sears ropers as well. They will have an additional hole in the plate as they double bolted them in a fixed location on the bike, but that wont effect anything.

markus

Yea, it should have the flat plate hinge, that stand maybe came off a gilson/wards bike?? Ever have one of those? You can swap the hinges, I have some hinges I can press flat off some NOS donor stands I have. wont be pretty/perfect underneath but doable. Those W shaped ones wont press out very flat, I'd trade hinges out of you end up needing one.

the attached is the one I can press.

Attachments

Do you have a photo of the correct hinge for me to look at, and yes that stand is off a gilson I'm debating on parting out. I tried to post it but I kept getting some thing pop up on my screen saying I've exceeded my quota of space, I was just trying to upload it from my phone to the post, I wasn't even using my album. Do you know what my problem is?

markus

you can only do so many attachments and then thats it. Same goes for uploading photo's to the site. you gotta get a "supporting membership" to get unlimited (at least for uploading to photo section not sure about attachments) or upload to somewhere else like photobucket etc.. I would check whats still in effect for supporting membership, I quit "supporting" the site a few years ago when alot of things with the site changed.

bottom right is what the flat plate looks like, sometimes you will see another hole drilled in addition to the kidney bean, some bikes such as Bird, Huffy, cat, and a few others would duble bolt them if they were in a fixed position and not piggybacking of an engine mount bolt.

I had actually made those above (had the plates cut to my specs) and used a batch of NOS stands I bought with the butterfly cut (top left). I made and sold alot of kickstands last year.