Couple Questions...

Hey,

I got a couple questions about my Baja doodlebug.

Are you able to make you'r bike legal to drive on the road?

I have had my bike for 4 months and the brakes are waring out, It's just not giving much brake force and takes longer to stop. Also it looks like the brake handle is stripped where the line connects too.

The bolts under my motor are badly stripped and I would like to remove my motor to prepare for the 6.5 Conversion. How will I remove these?

Thanks,

Jake

1. most likely not. there's a reason that no one on here has a street legal DB.

2. i'd get a hydraulic brake for it. do a search on here and you'll find the company that sells them. it's a direct bolt-on.

3. are the bolt heads or threads stripped? i'd probably just cut them off. if it's the threads i'd try undoing them and hope they cut new ones. if the threads aren't too bad you could also try running a die over them.

I dont know if i'd want to drive a db on the road, even if you dont make a mistake driving and someone else does it will would most likely be the last mistake you never made lol

the hydraulic brake is worth the money. it makes a very big difference in stopping power.

use a set of vise grips on the bolt heads then. that would actually be easier than cutting stuff.

Ok, Cause the main problem with my brake is that, if you look at the trigger and look a little left to it there is a silver bolt and its all wobbly and looks stripped. When I pull the brake it barely stops the bike so I guess I can look forward to a hydraulic. Doesent the DB already have a hydraulic brake? They look the same.

CJTMINI's kit comes with bolts/screws correct?

the stock DB brake is cable operated. the hydraulic brake uses fluid and has a cute little master cylinder. you might need to buy some brake fluid to top it off, but that's no big deal.

his mount plate does come with the bolts/screws.

the stock DB brake is cable operated. the hydraulic brake uses fluid and has a cute little master cylinder. you might need to buy some brake fluid to top it off, but that's no big deal.

his mount plate does come with the bolts/screws.
Ok cool man thanks for your help.

And your Retard avatar is driving me crazy.. >.>