cub cadet

Anybody know anything about old cub cadet lawn tractors?Guy offered to trade
a 1962 cub cadet for my Sears minibike.Its the complete mower with the deck.I think a 7hp Kohler that runs but smokes.It doesnt look bad but needs tires,thats no problem i work at a tire dealer.Just thought it might be cool to fix up.Let me know what you think.

Richard

Run a search there are nuts like us minibike guys that collect them ,, sounds like a 70 if it has the round rear fenders it might be worth doing then sell it off , I had a restored 122 last year and got 950.00 for for it ,, it did look like new though ,,,

i think it would be a cool project,

i have a 1970 first gen 2-stroke Lawn-Boy push mower, still starts on first pull, and an older 1958 lawn boy push mower, the older 2 stroke design,

but yeah, if you want a little project and like to restore things, this is perfect,,

Did some searching and looks like a 70 is right.
Think ill give it a try,seems to be a few Sears minis around so i can find another one.The guy is a co worker of mine and says it all still works.Ill
post pics if all works out.Thanks for the help.

Oldsalt

I sure wouldn't trade. That's my advice.

There are people that collect Cub Cadets so it is definately worth some money. But, in my experiance, they are a heck of a lot easier to find than a running Sears mini. And a heck of a lot less useful if we are talking about fun, IMHO.

That engine WILL be a money hole by the time you get it right. Me? I'd keep the mini and ask how much cash he wants for it....that you will try to beat the best offer that he has received. If it's cheap and within your budget buy it and then you will have both.

Is this a case where he has an object that he doesn't want or need or use and his old lady is telling him to get rid of it and he sees a running, fun, easy to store mini so he's pimping you on it?