Custom 3 Wheel bike

Hi guys found this on Craigslist, Its a custom 3 wheel bike with a 6.5 hp honda clone engine. It just needs a clutch and chain. I was thinking of switching the back tires to maybe some different tires. The tank is a real harley tank, which i was wondering if it could be hooked up to the engine. Any suggestions on how to customize it. Thanks Tim

Intresting. Sure you could use that tank as long as its not rusted out. just need to run a long fuel line. id put the engine up under the tank where it would normally be. but that might be beond your skill level :shrug: your going to need a pretty big sprocket on the axle or a jackshaft to push those tall wheels

cool find. Does the tank have a petcock on the bottom? shouldnt be hard to run a few line from the tank to the engine. Be sure the tank is clean and on top of that add an inline filter in the line.....closer to the tank the better. Might not be a bad idea to add and shutoff valve also. All cheap easy stuff to do. Those tires are tall yes.....but thin. So im going to take a guess and say a max tourque/chain setup should be ok for what you have. If you were going to go any bigger/wider id suggest going with a Tav setup or your own belt setup using a comet or other to prevent burning out chain clutches. They dont like big tires and heavy loads from what ive gathered....unless you run a jackshaft setup with the right gearing. That info can be told by the guys that know it better then I. Good luck!

Thanks Hoppy, yes was going to go with a max torgue clutch and chain. the tires are 24" bike tires, i was thinking 14" trailer tires but need to install some 4 lug hubs, maybe go kart. as for the tank will need to get the petcock, line and filter. the engine itself has a fuel shut off on it. I am quessing i just need to remove the tank from the engine and run a line from the harley tank, or just removing the line from the tank and run a longer one to the harley tank. just think the back wheels look odd on it, but they are the original bike wheels. as for the sprocket on the axle it looks to be pretty big, havent counted the teeth, just quessing maybe 6" in diameter. thinking a 12 tooth clutch and a big rear sprocket should be good. thanks for the suggetions.