Custom Clutch Shrouds

Oldsalt

2fast

Don't think the latest shrouds I made are awesome, but they are different. The pictures show two, one for the Comet and the other for the chain drive. This mini is my current project and is not yet finished, but the aluminum guards have been polished. The mini is streached frame Alexander-Reynolds that's getting a big block Tecumseh. One picture shows some formed pieces before welding, the second shows them sorta finished. I like "open primary" type shrouds that allow the rotating parts to be seen.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Here's another shroud. It's on a Intek powered Caper Cycle. This one has an HD dragster look. This one was gas welded [oxy/acet] together.

delray has fabbed up some beautiful shrouds for his bikes...fully functional, but outstandingly aesthetic at the same time.

Post up some pics, Del!

any one got any pics of some awesome custom clutch shrouds?im trying to get some ideas for a shroud on my bike:thumbsup:
Take a look at my photos. My Lil Indian has a simple guard made from wire. It's effective and looks OK. I don't know whether it's home made or store-bought. I'll have it chromed if I keep it on the bike. I've been struggling to come up w/suitable 4" wheel and brake setup before I dive into the restoration. I might wind up using a band brake on the clutch, but then the cover likely wouldn't fit anymore since it mounts at the same points on the engine as the brake.

delray

I think we just had a forum on covers. can't find it:doah:
here's couple different pictures of some covers i made using stainless steel mixing bowls i found at garage sales for a quarter piece.you also can look at any store that carries kitchen supplys for about $4-5. or if you are a pack rat? just look around and see if you have any tin bowls of anything that you can cut up and use. then i just bent up some flat steel and cut out a pattern and welded the pieces together. little bodywork ,primer fill,paint:thumbsup:

little more work with this one. had to fab a small bowl over the jackshaft and also cover the rear chain. making the whole thing into one piece cover when finish.

more on my project build,not finish still:doah:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/2993-great-minibiker-build-off-delray-entry.html

If you go to the projects page and look under K&S Completed which I posted on 10/26 the second page has some pictures of the shroud I made from flat stock sheetmetal. Hope this helps

Yes I think the flame pattern should of been painted on to easy to snag an ankle or your pants cuff. I thought a cover material could be made out of a big axle cover the kind used on camper wheels they are a lot like the SS bowls Delray used so successfully.
Steve :scooter: