Custom gas cap choke

I bought a carb thats has no choke. Kinda wierd . I found a gas cap and it fit over the carb perfectly. I drilled 3 holes in the cap for half choke and put duct tape over it for full choke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rmm727

The racing kart guys take out the choke for more flow. They will put their hand over the inlet to choke it. There is also a tank primer fuel cap that works as well.

The racing kart guys take out the choke for more flow. They will put their hand over the inlet to choke it. There is also a tank primer fuel cap that works as well.

Oh ok. What is the tank primer fuel cap and where can i get it. Does it look like this?

I think ill just stick with the primer cap lol. Thanks for the advice rmm
We have tried these and after awhile they always start leaking gas.:thumbdown: As Ryan correctly stated blowing into the gas tank cap works very well, and what we do on my son's Briggs Raptor engine (there is no choke provision on these engines). We use a 12" length of rubber fuel hose and center/seal it over the fuel cap vent and give a short puff. After a little practice it is really quite easy.
Michael

Last edited:
We have tried these and after awhile they always start leaking gas.:thumbdown: As Ryan correctly stated blowing into the gas tank cap works very well, and what we do on my son's Briggs Raptor engine (there is no choke provision on these engines). We use a 12" length of rubber fuel hose and center/seal it over the fuel cap vent and give a short puff. After a little practice it is really quite easy.

Michael

Thats interesting... Thanks for the help michael