Cyclops re-do

First mini bike resto.

Got this off of craiglsit for next to nothing. Stripped it to the frame and have the following plans for it:

Sandblast and powdercoat
Custom Seat by member on here
Honda engine with some tweaking from NR-Racing

So far, it's been stripped to the frame, and have welded up a few things to make it solid. Waiting on parts and engine for mock up before it's off to fab shop for a chain guard. Seat has been ordered so it is only a matter of time.

Won't be going back to stock like ENZO's on here but ok by me.

Will keep yawl posted.

Update #1

Got the engine last night from the UPS guy. Took it out of the box for a quick dry fit. A few issues: see attached pics

1. Going from a 2.75hp to a 6.5hp engine means some space issues

2. The engine is taller than the 2.75hp. The HONDA engine i've got is using the stock Honda tank. It is TOO tall. With the engine offset to the right side in the stock holes, the gas cap is tight to the bottom of frame. SOLUTION - I've ordered a shorter OLD style Honda cap from NR racing. We shall see. Russ says I would gain about 3/4" with the old style cap. If that doesn't work, try a GX120 tank with some mods. If that doesn't work, time to go custom.

3. The engine now sticks out too far outside on the right side making the right foot peg useless. May have to remove both footpegs and move them forward

4. I have to run the clutch with the 12 tooth gear on the inside. If I ran it with gear on the outside, the chain would be outside the frame.

Any other issues you can notice?

I'm waiting on a brake part to come in for my order to ship that includes, rims, tires, brake, cable, throttle etc. Seat has been ordered

get rid of the stock tank. those engines look way better without them installed. if you don't mind dropping $50ish you can find a cylinder style one (like on my DB in my sig) on Ebay.

I had the same issue with my gas cap on my DB. Ordered a lower profile one, and it slipped in there perfectly! :thumbsup: You have to post a video of the sound of that exhaust! :wink: I wanted to get that exhaust when I bought from Nr, but I was cheap. :thefinger:

No problem on the video of the engine, but I can't put a time frame on when it will be.

Still waiting on some parts to ship for first time mock up.

Hopefully will shiip by Friday of this week.

Problem #1 Solved

Got the low-profile gas cap fot the HONDA tank from NR Racing. Serves it's purpose. Problem solved.

Still waiting on some parts,but am going to "firm" up my order. It's been 2 weeks:confused:

It's time !!!

All parts are back from the powdercoater. The Kustom Seat is ready. The helmet is ready, and now I need to find some time to put it all together.
Shouldn't be too long now.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the props! Powdercoating/sandblasting/baking for frame, forks, front fender, brake hub, chain guard, gas tank, engine shroud and pull start cover were less than $300.

Progress is going slowly unfortunatey. Solo with 3 boys this weekend.

Progress

Had a few hours this evening to get some things bolted on. See pics below.

2 Questions:
1 - Is the throttle supposed to snap back to closed position? I've got a spring installed, but not sure it is enough. I have to manually twist the throttle closed. I've greased the handlebar where the throttle goes but that din't help.

2 - Where the throttle cable goes into the brass fitting supplied by NR Racing, how can I get it to "anchor" in there?

Thoughts??

Getting Close

Spent some time in the garage. Found out my brake cable is too short so will have to wait for parts to arrive and piece it together. I've got some posts in other sections asking specific questions on the brake cable and throttle cable.

Also, posted in the what is it? I'm eyeing a new project at the local shop.

Enzo was kind enough to give me his contacts that he used to make his repo stickers so I gave them a call and bingobango. New Decals.

What do yawl think?

That looks very nice:thumbsup:. I personally have never seen one other then in a book/Ad. Should it/did it have a head lamp? The one in the Ad dose so I figured thats where they got the name? Very sharp, the orange really pops!

That looks very nice:thumbsup:. I personally have never seen one other then in a book/Ad. Should it/did it have a head lamp? The one in the Ad dose so I figured thats where they got the name? Very sharp, the orange really pops!
Randy,

I have seen the ad you mentioned above. My bike did not have the headlamp, however it does have a mounting hole on the front fork.

Thanks for the kind words. I should have it running this weekend, I hope.