DB30 w/ 110cc Lifan and 4speed tranny

that is sweet but a db30 with 6.5 clone is faster than 35mph mine does 45 with stock gears and a 6.5
:lol:

it will do way faster than 35mph (that was a guesstimate based on what i've experienced on my Cat on the same stretch). that was going easy and staying in 3rd gear. i'm expecting it to do at least 60mph when it's wound out in 4th.

it's got more hp, a 35t rear sprocket and a transmission. this will beat the shit out of a doodlebug with a 6.5.

btw, how do you know you're doing 45? have you verified this with a GPS or anything?

Last edited:
yeah i bet your db is faster than 35 mph but that db 110 will hit 55-60 easy with no problem we have a 70cc on a stingray chopper bicycle and it will pull over 50 mph . but like strigoli stated the steering starts shaking at 35mph and that is most likely the tires not rated for that speed . i have a 110lifan for sale if you don`t believe in the power of the lifans. ps. stenmark2 . hows that new frame coming:thumbsup:

Cool. It needs suspension going that fast. May a springer like Yellowhands and some alloy wheels.
i don't know about suspension. my Cat (which has suspension) does around 40mph and i actually like having everything rigid at those speeds. my Cat might feel more stable because it's got a pretty long wheel base though.

another friend of mine has one built on an Azusa frame and it feels solid at 45mph.

Last edited:
:lol:

it will do way faster than 35mph (that was a guesstimate based on what i've experienced on my Cat on the same stretch). that was going easy and staying in 3rd gear. i'm expecting it to do at least 60mph when it's wound out in 4th.

it's got more hp, a 35t rear sprocket and a transmission. this will beat the shit out of a doodlebug with a 6.5.

btw, how do you know you're doing 45? have you verified this with a GPS or anything?
Yes a garmin, im a light weight 145 lbs
I wanted to do some thing like what your buddy did but use a 200-250 I don't think the 110 would rage out I love riding wheels

Last edited:
yeah i bet your db is faster than 35 mph but that db 110 will hit 55-60 easy with no problem we have a 70cc on a stingray chopper bicycle and it will pull over 50 mph . but like strigoli stated the steering starts shaking at 35mph and that is most likely the tires not rated for that speed . i have a 110lifan for sale if you don`t believe in the power of the lifans. ps. stenmark2 . hows that new frame coming:thumbsup:
Man you have been holding out on me, Ill take it ill put it on my kids bike, let me know when you want the money. My Db30 is smooth sailing at speed it does not even feel like your going that fast. Passing cars on the side walk of a 40mph street with your kid on the bike is a blast

Last edited: