Decrypting Tire Sizes

f-stop

This is confusing the hell out of me. Everybody seems to have a different way of measuring tires. My old tire is 4" sectional width, 4" in sectional height, and 14" in total height (or overall diameter). What/where is the closest match to this size?

Thanks! I can't seem to get my head around this.

I have gotten parts from that site. A muffler I think. I was going to get a rim but could not figure out the sizing. Still have not gotten a new rim.

f-stop

If you have 8"rims a 4.00 X 8 would probably be as close as you could find.
Is that how they base the tire sizes? My rims are 7" total diameter, 6" where the tire rides. So I'm looking for 6" tires? something on the oder of 4.00x6 then?

Hey f-stop, go to Motra's post above us here and click Tires he set-up in his post for you. Every question you asked is right there. Take your time and read carefully. It explains and shows "illustration" all about sizing for tires or rims. Take your time, read carefully and thank Motra.

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

f-stop

Hey f-stop, go to Motra's post above us here and click Tires he set-up in his post for you. Every question you asked is right there. Take your time and read carefully. It explains and shows "illustration" all about sizing for tires or rims. Take your time, read carefully and thank Motra.
Thank you Motra. This site, however, is the source of my confusion. How do you reconcile this:
-------
1: If a "x" separates the 1st 2 sets of numbers the 1st number is the overall diameter of the tire. The 2nd number is the overall width. The last number represents the rim diameter.
-------
With this:
-------
4.10 X 3.50 X 6 Stud Tire 2 Ply Tube Type
-------

Have they confused "overall diameter" with "sectional height"?

I think I'll just call the 800 number, thanks.

NO! They have not confused "overall diameter" with "sectional height." To get the "overall diameter" take "section height" x 2 + nominal rim diameter = "overall diameter." Your confusing yourself!

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!