don't complain, there's pleanty of good out there

I think I have it tough, and sometimes I get down about it. Health, Money, you know, I'm sure... So, two weeks ago I stop to visit my buddy and he tells me that his wife was just diagnosed with a in-operable tumor that is growing around and into her heart. They told her she had 6 weeks and she died on Friday.. That's a hell of a lot better then laying around dieing I guess. This poor guy has lost his Wife, Brother and only Grandchild in the past 18 months.

Today I go to the grocery store to pick a few things up. All I had was my money clip, no bank card or credit card, just a small amount of cash. I get rung up and discover that I'm 4.90 short. So I asked the cashier if she could remove a few items and the guy behind me insist on paying my 4.90 balance. He would not give me his info, I told him I would send him the money and he said no. He then said "I'm paying it forward" In the parking lot I seen him getting into his car. He was driving a totally ratted out sentra with literally no muffler.
You want to talk about things that will stop and make you think.....

I guess the moral of the story is If you think you got it tough just talk to anybody... And about the time you think the world is going to shit, and maybe it is, you need help and a guy comes along and saves you.:thumbsup:

I did a service call Saturday to fix a furnace for a widow of a man who worked at a local Ace hardware store. He died 5 or 6 years ago and was such a friendly guy his passing was premature. Well the furnace kind of fixed it's self, so I just put it through some safety test and when the time came to finish up she wanted to pay me , so I collected a big hug and backed out stating how her husbands friendship had pre-paid for this call. When I left she was crying a bit and Tuesday I got a nice card from her. So it can happen a whole lot more if your open to it. Steve :scooter:

I will chime in here.

About one month ago I needed to go to Ventura, CA to argue with the Winnebago Rep. because my RV has a structural defect that has been fixed once and cracked again. Near the refrigerator outside. It is just a splinter in my side and I want it repaired, replaced or paid off.

Back to subject; I went to Mac Donald's and got breakfast. A guy enter's the place with a credit card that had $1.10 on it. I don't ever give begger's money! So, I "fingered" the guy to come over, as I was fixing my coffee, got out my wallet and gave the guy, $2.00 to $3.00 dollars so he could eat breakfast, too. He may have been fresh out of Prison. Then another guy gave him a few bucks, then this Lady, handed him a ten or a twenty dollar bill. I noticed what I started continued. I blessed the Lady and said;
"Thank and Bless you Lady!"

I believe if you are kind too people, it will help you along the rough journey as God wants us to help his children out, if we can. If it does not hurt you financially? DO IT!

I helped an elderly couple park in a campsite near a huge rock and close to a poll. She appreciate it, and so did I....

I say; help others when you can or you may find yourself at a loss for everything that matters most to you. "Pay it forward" is not my favorite saying, however it spells it out, so you get the most miles out of your stay here on earth.

IT GIVES YOU A GOOD FEELING TO DO. DRESS UP IN A SANTA SUIT AND PASS OUT DOLLAR BILLS AND SEE HOW GIVING AWAY A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS YOURSELF. AS OPPOSED TO JUST GIVING TO A CHARITY>. :thumbsup:

TT

Sorry, to hear about your friend's passing..