doodlebug leading link

Great site, lotsa knowledge and stuff to inspire budding hobbyists. Would just like to share another option in the search for dbug front suspension. I know alot of you have tools and/ or access to a shop. This was an attempt at trail tamer style forks. All dimensions were pretty much eyeballed from the pics I found on here and the web. If you have access to tube bender great. You can also bend tube by making small notches in inner radius of bend and heating fork(tubing) to get it to bend easy.
Insert Photos and Images Same process with the link part.
Picked this tubing up from salvage yard for a few bucks. Insert Photos and Images Then just cut up some tabs.
These are the shocks from northern tool, says for mini bikes on the box but damn are they stiff.
Fork bolted up 3/8-16 bolts, lockwashers, etc
I had high hopes for this set up but having never ridden this type of fork I have no comparisons. My build is pretty hodgepodge and like I said eyeballed. There is some physics involved as far as pivot points and rake I guess. Hell I just wanted a softer ride. End result, it's an improvement just not as cushy as I hoped, may need to change shocks. Cheers and thanks again for the great site.

I tried annealing one of the springs today. Bad idea, upper tube is plastic WTF. Then I submerged the top half of the shock in a coffee can of water, that's where the plastic is and got the exposed part up to temp with a torch. Basically made a two stage spring, bottom half is soft, top half is stiff, which makes no difference in ride. My sons did ride them without one shock and that did make a difference in softness without loss of steering control, just looks a little weird. Thanks for the :thumbsup:, cheers

Awesome job!! In the last pict it looks like the pre load setting on the shocks is set at the stiffest setting....I could be wrong its hard to tell in the pict. If you havent already soften them bad boys up! :thumbsup: