Drag bike done

Just thought I'd share this year's build in a short story. I know I like to see other drag builds. Mine is more mild obviously because it's just a stockish D.B. but next year will be chassis stuff and or new frame. Spent all my doe on the motor. Lol

Last edited:
Flywheel I had in one of the pics I didn't use wich was the ARC ultra light. I ended up getting the plv briggs ignition and adjustable ARC flywheel. This motor runs on VP M3

Very nice build, nice work!
I did a search on VP M3, couldn't find anything. I was only looking because I run VP M1.
I could run M5 and possibly pick up more power but I think I'll cross that bridge when I get to it lol.

Last edited:
thanks. its new to me I have never ran alky before but the motor head and carb were based around it so that's what I went with. I was going to run the u4.4 race gas. that's also VP. its actually only 103 octane but way better then turbo blue (110). I have a pic of the can if you want to see that but it doesn't say much.lol I have had a lot of help with this build some I'm not totally educated on everything to a tee.

Understood. My Dad's bike runs on MR-12 which is oxygenated fuel. Bike makes like 30% more power, but the octane is only 87. The fuels today are definitely something else lol!
Alky is great, but more maintenance with changing the oil and draining and flushing the fuel every time you run it. But I love the power increase and cool running temp of alcohol.

Last edited:
yea I'm not a big fan of all this alky stuff so far. but I wanted to give the motor the best chance so I'm trying it. cant say I like all the work to goo with it. I can see my self going back to gas after this. but who knows by the end of the season it could be like second nature to drain the oil and flush the system, I also have to use another oil in the alky to lube my top end. lol somehow I don't think I'm gonna do this again..lol

Well like you said, after a while it kinda becomes part of the routine. I carry a box with small drain pan(made from an old plastic oil bottle and a razor blade) and 12oz of oil to put in the bike and a bottle of the flush mixture as well.
BTW that MR12 race gas I mentioned needs to be flushed out as well, if that makes you feel any better lol.

I don't use top lube in my drag engine, the junior guys are kinda anti top lube, they say it causes fuel problems. I can say that I have not ever run top lube in my alcohol drag engine and have had zero problems. I think the reason is because it's strictly drag racing, I think if it was a different type of racing where you were in the throttle for longer periods of time, not running top lube could become a problem. Also your engine is pushrod type which I think needs top lube more than my flathead might. I was wondering if using M3 means you need top lube, I use M1 with no lube.
Guy I bought the motor from said I could run M5 and make more power, but would have to be tuned for it.

Basically once you get used to running alcohol and taking advantage of the higher performance and cool clean combustion and the great smell lol, the act of draining 12 oz of oil and draining a carb bowl with a screwdriver seems trivial.
That's just my opinion, but again my bike is drag only.

The bike and motor look great man . What's inside the motor as in cam and what compression is it .
thanks I appreciate it. inside consist of stock Honda crank its a 2.815 bore weisco piston isky 310 cam the head is welded obviously but the piston was out the hole like 17 thousands. honestly off the top of my head I cant remember the compression id have to look back at my build sheet. we did some pretty cool tricks on the head to appear stock from the outside but be able to open the ports way up. valves are 32 and 28.5 made the intake myself and I think it will pay off with this clements carb. we will see I was supposed to go to the track Saturday but we got rained out so 2 weeks and we will try again. in the mean time I need to do some test hits. I have zero time on this motor. now I'm terrified of running this thing on that doodlebug. my motor last year went 10.20 and that was just a black mamba build with 1.3's.lol you can watch me run if you look up (ubly weekend) on youtube I'm I think the first bike up on a red doodlebug racing a blue Azusa I have a green monster jacket on. pretty good vid check it out guys. I race a few times again that was the old motor. hoping for mid 9's with this one.

Latent

damn that engine looks serious man, I would be scared to even ride that lol, you need some serious dual piston hydraulic brakes in the front and rear

damn that engine looks serious man, I would be scared to even ride that lol, you need some serious dual piston hydraulic brakes in the front and rear
thanks. and I am scared to ride it. lol I refused to use wheelie bars because on top of having a very light set up (bike) and I only weigh 165 the motor on alky should make close to 22 to 23hp I'm trying to get some of these fast guys under my belt at the local track. they have bigger builds but far more weight, and we all know that weight is everything on these bikes. and 23hp is just a rough guess judging on the work that's done I have not dynoed this engine. sooo... hope for the best and launch at 6 grand. lol

Awesome.
My motor makes about the same power, and that is on chassis dyno. The bike definitely commands respect. What gear ratio are you running and what style of clutch?