Duck? Lark? Drover? What is this Bird?

I picked up this bird frame for a max torque clutch and a 72 tooth sprocket! The original color was red and it is made out of 7/8" tubing. It's got the solid 5/8" 7-1/4" seat post. Tell me what y'all think!?

capguncowboy

the Sears bikes used 1" tubing, but they did have a magenta model. I'm not too well versed in Sears bikes!

Last edited:
I purchased bike in 2nd pic about 2 years ago,& gave it a complete restoration. all original ,bought it off 2nd owner.part of my bird collection .all orig. eng & tags 1969 SEARS TARANTULA.......MICK

If anyone wants to buy it let me know! It is in pretty bad shape! Otherwise I am going to fabricate new forks with suspension and make it like the Duck, Puncher, Dover models. Cut out the engine plate and weld in a new one. Widen the rear for a fat tire, predator hemi 6.5 built! Should be fun!

Look on google post (july fun) for pics the ducks have 1 " frame & 6" wheels,I have one of those also .I think the lark,spyder,tarantula were basically the same basic frame,but changes in names & colors depending on who sold them.. that bike is the bike I bought in north hills,pittsburgh. not too far from me....hope this helps Mick

Your right cheezy! The duck, lark, drover, spyder, tarantula, puncher....... are all the same frames with different forks and seats! It's hard to define which model I actually have, but it's definitely a spyder,tarantula,or lark!