Engine Mod

i was thinking of hackin the top of the muffler off (the black box) to leave the little tube open stickin up like that.
would that work? if not could i get some tube (that could withstand the heat) and extend the tube like that.
i dont know if leaving it that short would affect the back pressure or does that even matter on these motors?

Attachments

you'd be better off buying a header for it. it will be extremely loud, so buy a muffler for it if noise is going to be an issue where you ride. if you don't want to spend the money for a header, weld up a straight pipe using water pipe for it. it's galvanized so you don't want to breath the fumes off it during welding.

basically, you don't want to go hacking up the stock muffler. remember, you got to pay to play.

btw, if you buy a header you might have to heat it up and bend it some to make it fit. my AGK header wouldn't fit because the frame was in the way. i ended up having to bend it out a bit over an inch (at the end, heated it just after the bend) to get it to clear. it's running outside the frame which i'm not too excited about but it works. i've only hit my leg on it once and i wasn't even riding it at the time (barely got burned). header wrap will help to keep from getting burned a bit too.

Last edited:
thats the thing i dont have any money at the time. noise would not be an issue and i have 2 stock mufflers so if i failed i would have a back up.
if i just straight up took the muffler off and had nothing there would it still run. would there be a increase in power? or a decrease? is the only point of a header to reduce noise?

your question about just taking off the muffler was answered with some detail in another thread. i don't feel like going back and linking right now. basically, it's not a good idea.

here are some easy ones
new air filter and filter cup.
better Linkage
remove tank and put in a diamond plate top
fuel pump for new tank
the picture shows a a tiny pipe... but we have to run that, for racing karts.

more Engine pictures at Clone Engine Specifications

Later,
Gundy

clone carb

here are some easy ones
new air filter and filter cup.
better Linkage
remove tank and put in a diamond plate top
fuel pump for new tank
the picture shows a a tiny pipe... but we have to run that, for racing karts.

more Engine pictures at Clone Engine Specifications

Later,
Gundy
I am doing the same,I see u have stock carb,how is it working for u,original jets?I have the same clone and carb,blue central machine

sorry strigoi

If you want a muffler with less restriction cut open the stock muffler and take out the baffles inside, or take out some of them depending on how loud you want it, then weld it back up. I come from a Karting backround and people do this a lot in "stock appearing" classes.
Nick