engines that are not meant for the frame

okay so i have a mongomery ward frame well the motor was was montgomery ward but anyways i went to the swap meet and i found this huge motor so i decided to buy it for 5 bucks well the thing is it fits in the frame but the the thing that the clutch will be at is a little taller than were the sprocket is so what should i do

buckeye

That should work. Might have to mount the clutch inboard to get the chain to line up.

Most all engines set up like that. The crank is higher than the rear sprockt.

oldfatguy

jackshaft plate | eBay

you can use a jack shaft mount like one of these to put a jack shaft on your bike. That way you can move the gear on the jack shaft out far enough to line up with the clutch gear.
If you are not sure how to set it up someone might have a picture of one to help you.
That big motor will be a power house on a small frame like that but it will be fun to ride if you can keep the front wheel on the ground.

I just put a HF 212 on my trailcat. It's gotta come off,like they say,can't keep the front wheel
on the ground. All HF sells is 97cc or. 212cc. Now what? That 97 has a different size base.

toomanytoys

Put a helmet on and tame that beast!!!! Kind of like taming a horse. Don't jump on the throttle, roll into it easy! Or build a wheelie bar and have a ball!

Or you could just put some taller gearing on it.

WrenchDad

What happens if you actually put the engine on the motor mount part on the frame??

I was wondering the same thing,looks like your trying to keep the recoil out of the way. The motor might fit in the frame but it doesnt "fit the frame"
If you use the mount holes you should be lined up.