Europes Fastest GX200 #2 - Cylinder Block Welding

scootercat

Hello from across the pond...I have a question,what did You use to attach the billit to the block?....Is it T.I.G.?or a low temp rod?...Thanks,It looks Great!....Scootercat....:thumbsup:

Hello from across the pond...I have a question,what did You use to attach the billit to the block?....Is it T.I.G.?or a low temp rod?...Thanks,It looks Great!....Scootercat....:thumbsup:
Hi SC, I couldn't tell you exactly, as we just tell our welder what we need done, and he does it. We do a bit of welding ourselves, but we don't have the right tools to weld Ali. I can sure find out for you though if you are interested?

Dan,
GX200 Tuning Store UK

scootercat

Thanks for Your quick reply Karterdan,Yes I'm interested in the process that was used.I'm a proto-type metal model maker,and have been working for over twenty years in the trade.looks like it was done with a type of low temp rod that is sold over here in the states by the name of Alumaloy(not sure of the sp.) it can be used with a propane torch,melts under 700 deg.or so....Scootercat....

Thanks for Your quick reply Karterdan,Yes I'm interested in the process that was used.I'm a proto-type metal model maker,and have been working for over twenty years in the trade.looks like it was done with a type of low temp rod that is sold over here in the states by the name of Alumaloy(not sure of the sp.) it can be used with a propane torch,melts under 700 deg.or so....Scootercat....
Those are Zink rods.
I used them myself to repair a damaged rocker box on this head.

If someone asks thats some Devcon WR-2 used as filler and a generic version Glyptal 1201A ( Adolph---- something brand that BTW I realy prefer over the geniun because of the gloss finnish to let oil run down faster )
clone stuff :: 100_9696.jpg picture by Dougwp - Photobucket