ex17 govenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
was wondering if anyone has gained any preformance buy removing govenor on stock ex17 or if its pointless as some say thanks for your time

65ShelbyClone

Howdy neighbor.

You'll get a little more power and top speed out of it; the gamble is on how long the engine will last before something lets go. Subarus are built like Hondas, which is good, but running one ungoverned will probably lead to a piled-up rod sooner or later.

I'm running with no governor on mine and yes it makes a difference, and yes i rev the crap out of it without any issues, as long as you're running with good oil.

A great engine but best left alone IMO. It's not a $99 clone that you can return to HF or just but another. I'd recommend a cheater spring but I'm afraid I'd catch some crap about it.:anon.sml:

As long as you use good quality oil on the engine there wont be any prob, beside the valves will float before anything breaks.

OldMiniBikes does not support removal of the governer without the proper precautions even if those parts dont exist for your engine.

that being said,

dont over rev or rev it up sky high all the time and u should be fine. that doesnt mean something cant fail. but then again it can fail stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.