Fastest mini's

I have read some of the threads on fast factory stock bikes here and have owned a few myself. I have 3 Benelli Volcano's and raced my old well used Benelli 180 Volcano against a 1973 Speedway Super Spyder with the mean Sachs 125 about 2 1/2 years ago. The Spyder was fresh,running well and hardly used and belonged to John Marinelli in Ohio and I know him well. The little well worn Benelli walked right away off the line from the Super Spyder with the bigger wheels,sorry Speedway fans. The Speedway would hit around 55 top end and my Benelli has been clocked on police radar on level ground at 62 mph and almost cost me a 100 dollar fine. I have been beating the Benelli to death the past ten years and it still runs good but is starting to suck in some air at top speed, most likely the seals. I have yet to be beat by a stock machine on this one... I am doing a complete rebuild on the rider Volcano this spring,stock piston and bore as it is now. Will see what happens then. Best wishes.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes! There was a discussion about this awhile back and the Benelli, Sachs bikes and the Hodakas topped the list.:smile: There are guy's here that are going to go 100 soon. But you have to have a tremendous amount of respect for a 40 year old bike that can go 0-60 in under 6 seconds and run like that all day. Or for a few decades! :scooter: :scooter:
Again, welcome to the board!

Volcanos are diffently fast for a stock bike, One of the guys how goes to Windber has a couple of them. He had it at Portland Indiana show and it also made a good beer run bike with the rear rack that extends out for holdng a case of beer.

Yeah the Volcano's are pretty cool...I'm just getting started on the resto of my Volcano...They are rare bikes and hard to find parts for, even from Joe Purshock at Vintage Cosmo!

Please post some pics of your Volcano's....

I do think there might be a "stock" bike out there to beat the Volcano, the problem is, I've never seen one in person, only in advertisements. It's a Broncco Mini Monster with a 175cc Minarelli Engine on it. About 18hp at 9k rpm. The reason I think it would be faster is that I've ridden a Minarelli Cotton Trials bike with the same engine and it would smoke my Volcano, and the Broncco mini used the same engine as the Cotton Trials, but the mini is lighter. But for now...it's just an opinion. The 100cc Broncco Apache would probably also give it a run for its money...

Anyway, I'm a big fan of all Italian mini bikes, they built some really cool mini's back in the day!