Fenders! Rubbermaid style

Did you ever get tired of flinging mud on yourself? Ever realized a trashcan is about the same diameter as 20x10-8 tire?

The volunteer trashcan

Picked up some all-thread at Lowes, cut it to size and bent it to shape, then welded it in place

Cut fenders from trashcan halves and trimmed them to fit, held in place with nuts and washers on each side.

It's not pretty but it works!

That's an awesome idea. It may not be the prettiest like you said but its certainly functional. If you wanted to stiffen it up you could bend some flat stock up to fit. I may just have to steal your idea for my Trisport for when I'm yanking the kids around in the trailer. :thumbsup:

Cool idea agent!! You can also use the inner plastic fender liners from a car. Not as strong as your idea. Use some brackets to hold them up off of the tire and your almost mud free!!!

Thanks but I'm sure I read about someone using a bucket and I just modified the idea for my purpose.
The fenders don't touch the tires, looks that way in the pics on the passenger side buts its really 1.5" above. On the drivers side I staggered the front and back all-thread so the fender is supported evenly. Passenger side they were more inline with each other to the insde edge so it lets the outside edge droop a little. Might need to redo that if the weight of mud sticking to the fender becomes an issue.

Nice! I like a MacGyver-ish solution. :thumbsup:

This reminded me of the fenders that my dad made for my Lil Indian using a pair of garden hose hangers. A little trimming on the bracket, and voila! Fenders!