Fianlly got my third Hornet and a bonus mini today.

I've been working a really good deal $ wise on a standard frame K&S Hornet with disc brake caliper mount. It looks to have been painted at a school bus company because that dark mustard yellow paint is tough to look at. I plan to use some 6" Mancos with a nice drum brake setup rather than the disc setup so it will look right except the brake but I can live with that.

Right now it has scat cat rear wheel and a random front runner and a silly foot brake working the band.:doah: Anyway I got it delivered today by my buddy who had it and he brought another bike with him so I'm making a clone powered neighborhood bomber out of it.:thumbsup:

Turns out the other bike a Western Flyer SS300 with Scat Cat forks adapted to the frame but well done they really work well so it will stay like that since I got no W/F forks laying around. Like I said up above the W/F wheels are on the K&S with a janky foot actuated band brake and remnants of the band bracket that I will have to reconstruct to get it back on the Flyer. So it will have it's correct wheel out back and a decent front runner. I got $120 in both bikes plus I gave my buddy a set of 6" steel wheels with a good sprocket for his Roper, we plan to build similar Ropers and terrorize the neighborhood.:laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the Hornet has a disc brake bracket for a sprocket brake and I may go that route or just use the drum assembly I have for the Mancos. It came with the wheels on the W/F and looked terrible but has the K&S axles and lock nuts so it will be easy to get going. A 3hp briggs will power it.

The Western Flyer needs a lot of attention just to be a rider but will be a guilt free bike to slap my blue clone on. The bracket for the brake is cobbled up badly and will need some work but is a start. I may try and get it ready to sell for Christmas along with a Cat Wildcat I am piecing together with a little of this and that, all the original parts are gone from the last three bikes I bought so I'm going to build some freaks but the Hornet will be considerably nicer than the others. Here is the Wildcat, it originally was a 10" wheel minicycle but will sport 6" wheels and a 3.5 briggs. I hope to sell them locally and see the hobby grow more in my area. I have too many projects but it's hard to pass a good deal up.