Finally done with my DB30

Yea [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION] they are sold out but said they would have more Friday or Monday. I'm glad im not crazy for thinking it.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Latent

Do you think those pocket bike hydraulic brakes are enough to stop your engine build? I have the same brakes and a very similar engine build, and do not think these little pocket bike hydraulic brakes can safetly stop this engines power. I have ordered upgraded brakes meant for a larger ATV because of this... how do you feel about your brakes on this engine build?

They are pretty good. I was going full speed the other day and when I slowed down, I felt I was close to locking up the rear wheel. How long the pads or assembly lasts I have no idea.

I feel I need a front brake more than anything.

Last edited:

Latent

They are pretty good. I was going full speed the other day and when I slowed down, I felt I was close to locking up the rear wheel. How long the pads or assembly lasts I have no idea.

whats your clutch sprocket count, rear sprocket count, and tire size? I was running at 12t clutch 59t rear with 15" tires (4.9 ratio), but changed to 12t clutch 64t rear with 15" tires (5.33 ratio). The gear change helped keep the engine in the camshafts power band (4000-8000)for a majority of my riding.

Honestly I thought the bike would be faster but I raced my stock hemi go kart and was neck to neck. I'm guessing some gearing changes and a mikuni will help it.

Last edited:

Latent

Honestly I thought the bike would be faster but I raced my stock hemi go kart and was neck to neck. I'm guessing some gearing changes and a mikuni will help it.

Really??? No way...?? This engine build pulls me like a freight train, and I topped out at over 55mph (GARMIN GPS verified, got it installed on my mini bike)I was scared to keep twisting it... Did the go kart beat you on acceleration or top end? The go-kart has more rubber on the road which would help with acceleration, but with top end that would be a gearing issue. You should get a tach it will help you with gear ratios, and tuning as well.

Last edited:
the go kart has a torque converter on it but I had a head start. When we were side to side I couldn't pull away from it. I don't know why as I thought the black mamba cam would have given me the definite edge. I just don't get that OMG feeling like I know I should. I feel as if I cant get the engine going like it should as it feels like its taking forever to get going full speed.

Last edited:
nice bike! mine will be finished soon and similiar to yours. I like the clutch cover, is it custom? Also, do you find the muffler burning where it touches the frame?

Thanks for the link! My bike isn't powder coated so I hope it holds up because my muffler will exit through the same space. May have to use heat resistant spray paint later on? Oh well :laugh:

I guess I wasn't done with the doodlebug.

Mikuni added, just waiting on a cable. I also added a RLV mini muffler. The cheaper one was rubbing on the frame and causing the powder coating to come off. I plan to paint the muffler and header with some rustoleum 2000 degree paint.

I am also doing a front brake addition. Just need to find the time.

Last edited: