FIrst run ever for the 1969 Skat kitty H25

markus

I grabbed this skat kitty engine off the shelf yesterday while waiting for some parts to soak. It had never been ran, ever. Dont know the story behind and why it never made it on a bike, but it never did. It was never stored boxed and shows shelf wear etc.. from getting kicked around for the last 64 years. The cat 5 hurricane that was a direct hit here last year didnt help any, part of my shop ceiling ended up on top of it and some others :D can see it here from a post last year when I was looking for the paint code (the hurricane also set me way back in work so I never got to do anything with this thing like I had planned) skat kitty paint code

No spark, points were glazed so I had to pull the flywheel and sort that out. This engine is coming completely apart, but I really wanted to see if it would run and function, before I tore it down. I still didnt want the mount it to anything so it was kinda a bitch just running it in the yard, but It fired and ran and powered an original 30/30w headlight with no real problems other than some sparatic tuning on the carb that needs a real servicing.

So that's what an unmolested Lighted flywheel looks like, stop lugs for the starter cup are still there :D skat kitty.jpg skat kitty 1.jpg

Made sure to properly reinstall the cup and torque it on, no reason to ruin a good thing!

skat kitty 2.jpg

Disassembly soon:)

I know you are looking for a reasonable Skat Kitty for that motor. It may never happen. lol. There is a frame on the facebook Skat Kitty group that needs lots of love. You may be able to grab that cheap. @markus