Flat tires

Nothing much worse than being out in the woods or desert, and getting a flat tire.

Here's one I read about somewhere, and was wondering if anyone had tried it.

This is for a new/good tire.
Before setting the bead, you take a garden hose and feed in as much of it as you possibly can, coiling it up inside the tire.
Then set the bead, and fill to desired pressure.
It's supposed to give you a halfway decent run flat tire.

I also got to thinking...
What if a guy drilled another valve stem hole in the opposite side of the tire rim, giving a valve stem hole on each side of the tire.
Then insert two inner tubes, side by side, and fill each one equally.

What are the odds that a tire puncher is going to get both tubes?
One goes flat, pull the nail, thorn or whatever, and fill up the other tube up with a small bicycle tire pump.

I've tried the green slime, but I'm not totally sold.
And it's a mess when changing tires.

I put old water hose in my 2 piece hand truck tires because i got tired of airing them up to move mostly small heavy stuff..may not work on mini bike tires due to ballance on speed..i never used green slime coz reading up on it,sounded like a mess.The innertube idea sounds interesting.i carry a can of cheap flat fix and plug kits with me..they flat fix is just to air the tire back up..if it gets off bead it may not work..maybe i should carry starting fluid and a bbq lighter?:laugh:

Last edited:
Hmm, how bout something like a piece of what we called mine belt/ conveyor belt inside the tire.
It would give you around another 1/4" of tire thickness, and being loose inside, held only by the tube, it would be able to give when said sharp item pushed against it.

Hmm, how bout something like a piece of what we called mine belt/ conveyor belt inside the tire.
It would give you around another 1/4" of tire thickness, and being loose inside, held only by the tube, it would be able to give when said sharp item pushed against it.
I used to have about 20 feet of that. It was old and got hard. Not a bad idea though.