Flying Waffle Lives

You all should know that after a good month of hard work and all your help, I have managed to get the gorgeous Flying Waffle to run last night for about 60 seconds of nice purdy sounding idle. Pitted and pockmarked piston head and overly complicated carb and all. Bless you all.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

So now I shall see if I can get this thing going to the next level. But damn was I suprised when this thing kicked over. Every time I went to adjust the main and idle screws it would conk out. It was almost like a comedy. But we've getting there! Taking apart that carb and cleaning it all up was quite the learning experience. Can you believe I found a supplier on the web that had enough parts for 3 rebuilds of these old Tillotson E8A and E7A carburetors? Which is good because I now have 3 of em! LOL

Anyway, what should I consider first now that it will start and idle for 30 - 60 sec but then die? New plug would prob help no?

Oh and it sounds REAL nice. Such a nice putt putt sound.

Thanks again all!

:thumbsup: Alright! I don't know shit about much, so I'll let someone else answer the carbonator question. :laugh:

What are you going to do with this motor?

:thumbsup: Alright! I don't know shit about much, so I'll let someone else answer the carbonator question. :laugh:

What are you going to do with this motor?
Well once it can run as good as I can get it, im going to paint it real special like and put it on minis and karts for the kids. At 2.25 HP it wont do no harm. Maybe sell it. Or heck, send it to the Smithsonian... haha.

delray

don't see alot of that type tecumseh or i should say lauson/tecumseh. engine you have is one of tecumseh's first small blocks, first year they use that type of carb(early60's) on your engine and then wet to a diaphragm carb. i believe your engine would of been a sears reel mower engine or edger.

i have couple recoil's that have the 4 on them. recoil cover still has the craftsman ID tag on it. also if anybody trys using the waffle design recoil you will need the cover too. the mounting/bolt pattern is little extra large.

off set sparkplug(early model)

Wow! What a Howard Carter-like discovery , KKK!

Yeah, Richard Becks and Gary Gerspacher are well known founding fathers within the minibike Waffle movement of the early 60's. A movement me and a few others are trying to resurrect. But to see them working together (They reportedly hated each other. Gerspacher considered Waffle technology a fad and prefered to concentrate on Tang fueled gokarts) is a pure delight for us in the community.

Thank you!