For some reason I bought it, now

what do I do with it? I came upon a man with a bunch of junk in the back of his truck. He says he moving to California and is taking this junk to sell at a flea market. So, gives it the eye. Well, the only thing I see that caught my eye is this mini-bike. Looked kinda old and for the most part, all there. So I ask "how much"? Well it was cheep, so I got it. Thought I would tinker with it and get it running. Well, I see a manufacture tag. I'm kinda a computer nut, so I start searching. Well after a few emails to the manufacture (well, the one that bought the company out) and some pictures sent, I get an answer! Its a 1986 Thunder-bird by Manco. They may have some of the parts I need, and some may be obsolete. (now, obsolete scares me, I don't exactly live in the Mecca of used mini-bike parts). So, somebody talk to me. I don't know squat about whats hot and what's not in the mini-bike world. I know there is two ways to look at restoring anything. The monetary and the nostalgic view.
I'm kinda of a 50/50 person. So, could someone touch base on both side. I'm not familiar with "Manco", but if it said Cushman, I wouldn't need to ask anyone!! Thanks

Motra

Hey, welcome to the board! The Manco isn't the most collectable bike out there (sorry) but it's certainly worth making it a rider. Lots of good times to be had buzzing around the neighborhood on it. Also, a 1986 is actually quite new compared to the "old" mini bikes. Parts shouldn't be any problem at all. Most mini bike manufacturers used standardized parts that are still easily available and the engine parts can be obtained from the engine manufacturer. It's definately a fun hobby to restore, or even fix-up, a mini bike, especially if you can do it with your kids or friends. Hang around, if you have any questions they'll get answered.