Foremost?

capguncowboy

To be clear, if it was sold by JC Penny, then it's a Golden Pinto -- if it was sold direct to the buyer by Bird, then it's a Fury

That's some throttle setup on that thing....
I have that same throttle setup on a '66 Briggs on my Fox campus. That spring is connected to the wind vane governor under the shroud. There is also a solid linkage from the wind vane to the throttle plate which closes the throttle when the flywheel produces enough wind governing the speed of the engine. It's looks complicated but works quite well.

I have that same throttle setup on a '66 Briggs on my Fox campus. That spring is connected to the wind vane governor under the shroud. There is also a solid linkage from the wind vane to the throttle plate which closes the throttle when the flywheel produces enough wind governing the speed of the engine. It's looks complicated but works quite well.
That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about the too short throttle cable going to the Tecumseh throttle plate mounted on the frame with the cable going to a homemade throttle arm mounted to the frame and then the rod going to the thottle arm on the carb.

Just for the record, the Formost Golden Pinto or Bird Fury didn't come with a Briggs engine.

1stlegendtx

That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about the too short throttle cable going to the Tecumseh throttle plate mounted on the frame with the cable going to a homemade throttle arm mounted to the frame and then the rod going to the thottle arm on the carb.

Just for the record, the Formost Golden Pinto or Bird Fury didn't come with a Briggs engine.

Thats what I have been thinking this whole time.:smile:

Is that original one your's?
This one sure looks original. I doubt someone did it after the fact.
It works very well.

This one sure looks original. I doubt someone did it after the fact.
It works very well.

I kinda doubt that's the factory setup. The return spring is hooked up to the shock absorber :mellow:

It should look like this:

My guess is that white cable and bracket are original to the bike which was Tecumseh powered when new. Sometime over the years they swapped the motor to the Briggs and realized the cable wasn't long enough to loop in from behind so instead of buying a longer cable they called in Rube Goldberg.

Yeah. I hear you. However the engine they "replaced" was a 1967...
Wonder what cruhr1's is like.
If it's not correct I will fix it. If it could be I will keep it

Yeah. I hear you. However the engine they "replaced" was a 1967...
Wonder what cruhr1's is like.
If it's not correct I will fix it. If it could be I will keep it
Cruhr1 was referring to this picture showing the throttle set up on the Briggs engine itself.

Your throttle set up using a Tecumseh throttle plate from a Tecumseh engine mounted to your Bird Manufacturing frame is not original. The "replaced" engine being a 1967 means nothing. It probably came off an old 67 rototiller.

Last edited: