Fox Campus Fenders

Last week I finally finished work on vacuum forming mold #2 for my Fox Campus fenders. Mold #1 was scrapped because the final dimensions were off by a little bit. I loaded the new mold into the back of the Tundra and it was off to Pittsburgh for a test run. The place I use actually allows you to go out into the production area and watch while they set your mold up and run your parts. After a run of several test pieces to confirm the integrity of the mold and the accuracy of the fender dimensions we were ready to go. I placed an order for sixty pieces and they arrived a few days ago. The first three pics below show them just the way they come out of the mold. The next two pics show the fenders after I gave them a rough trimming. They will be further trimmed to within 1/16" of their final dimension and then fixed into a jig (which I have yet to build) and given their final trim. I will keep you posted on my progress but given my painstakingly slow working speed I don't expect any finished fenders before September or October. Ogy

old-timer

Scamming Member
Ogy,
I'm a customer for a set when and if you plan to sell any. As you know, fenders for these things are very hard to come by.

Vic

Ogy,
I'm a customer for a set when and if you plan to sell any. As you know, fenders for these things are very hard to come by.

Vic
Old-Timer, "Hard to come by" implies that there might actually be some "useable" ones out there. I have yet to see any that aren't cracked, warped, discolored, or broken. That's why I decided to make my own. I won't use all sixty of them and once I get them trimmed I'll most likely sell off what I don't need. I'll make sure that the OldMiniBikes members get first crack at them. Ogy

old-timer

Scamming Member
Old-Timer, "Hard to come by" implies that there might actually be some "useable" ones out there. I have yet to see any that aren't cracked, warped, discolored, or broken. That's why I decided to make my own. I won't use all sixty of them and once I get them trimmed I'll most likely sell off what I don't need. I'll make sure that the OldMiniBikes members get first crack at them. Ogy
Thanks Ogy :thumbsup:
BTW- your right about finding fenders. I haven't found any at all, usable or not. Hell I couldn't even find unusable ones :shrug:

Vic