Fox/Dynamart and Manco connection???

markus

This is an add for a Manco Trailcat from 1979/80, first off I bet some of you are surprised its that new :wink: But take a good look at it and note the decal on the number plate says Fox and the chianguard is the Fox used chainguard that started life on the the 10" wheel single speed bikes, got rotated sideways for awhile and used on the sprite 110 type bikes and apparently made its way onto a Manco!

Has the "high voltage magneto" :wink: and note the "Baked epoxy finish". If you have ever dealt with a Manco built in that era you would know what a pain that stuff is to deal with, I believe the "baked" part referred to the guy that was in charge of prepping the bare frames cause they dropped the ball there, that stuff never stuck to the bike and peeled off in sheets :laugh:

Add is from an Orgill Bros catalog but its right next to other manco's etc, and being sold as a Manco not a store branded bike.

Thoughts, more info :shrug: Calling MarkG to the white phone, think they were just pulling stock from Certified parts corp??

Thoughts, more info :shrug: Calling MarkG to the white phone, think they were just pulling stock from Certified parts corp??
Interesting, def a Manco frame but the Fox parts are a headscratcher. I believe you are on to something, I have an old CPC catalog from the 80's and they used to offer lot's of different parts. I'll see if I can dig it out sometime..

markus

Interesting, def a Manco frame but the Fox parts are a headscratcher. I believe you are on to something, I have an old CPC catalog from the 80's and they used to offer lot's of different parts. I'll see if I can dig it out sometime..
I wish they still had their online catalog, even just a few years back they still had some neat NOS stuff, I wonder if they still bother with any of the old stock or not. Looks like the old Fox building is in pretty bad shape if you google map it, well I guess its the old fox building, kinda looks like it could be it (the brick is either really moldy or it had been on fire or something last time I looked it up :laugh:)

chrisr

Probably dumb question, but what does the "Fuel capacity engine mounted 5 gal." mean? The gas tank is 1/2 gallon and they just forgot the period in front of the 5?

markus

Heres a little update to this thanks to an ebay listing....Note the date on the literature and who the company is :thumbsup: