Fox street scamp restore finally done

What identifiers are you people using on these Fox Minis?
I seen a Fox mini and the guy claimed it to be a Trail FX?
Only difference between his and yours is the color of the bike.
Your is blue, his is orange.

I'm no expert, but this is what I have found. The trail tramp had front and rear brakes, and the street scamp only had the rear. I think the front was an option you could order. They both came with Tec motors. I think the TT came with knobby tires, and the SS possibly with street tires? I have a luggage rack on mine, but not sure if it was stock or something extra. There was another model that had a different engine, but I think it was the same frame mostly. I think it was called a sun downer? That one had a rigid frame, no swing arm. Same tank.

Fox also made Doodle Bugs, the Campus, I think there was one called a desert fox...there are too many for me to remember. They were built in Milwaukee, I think. I've also read somewhere that they started putting random parts together right before they went out of business. They were just trying to finish up what they had, so some were built with random parts from other bikes.

I'm no expert, but this is what I have found. The trail tramp had front and rear brakes, and the street scamp only had the rear. I think the front was an option you could order. They both came with Tec motors. I think the TT came with knobby tires, and the SS possibly with street tires? I have a luggage rack on mine, but not sure if it was stock or something extra. There was another model that had a different engine, but I think it was the same frame mostly. I think it was called a sun downer? That one had a rigid frame, no swing arm. Same tank.

Fox also made Doodle Bugs, the Campus, I think there was one called a desert fox...there are too many for me to remember. They were built in Milwaukee, I think. I've also read somewhere that they started putting random parts together right before they went out of business. They were just trying to finish up what they had, so some were built with random parts from other bikes.

The Street Scamp and the Trail Tramp both had front and rear disc brakes and the Spoiler , Condor and Campus FX had rear disc brakes only but front brake was an option . The bikes were built in Janesville , Wi. . I have two street legal Street Scamps and they are very fun bikes to ride around on !

markus

Was wondering if anbody can tell me the year of this bike?
If the engine shrouds are correct/original to the bike I would say early 1969, has the larger front deflector and no hump pressed in at the head bolts on the main cover. I would say look at the numbers on the tag on it but it might not be correct (later tag) as the numbers dont look embossed.

What identifiers are you people using on these Fox Minis?
I seen a Fox mini and the guy claimed it to be a Trail FX?
Only difference between his and yours is the color of the bike.
Your is blue, his is orange.
you can usually figure them out even if they are missing alot of parts by looking a the options

Street scamps and trail tramps were the "mack daddy" of the lineup They were both the same bike but the SS had street tires and the TT had offroad tires, pretty sure they varied the colors between the bikes too but not totally sure on that. Both of those bikes were optioned out like jerryH's above, Front disc, 2 speed, lighted, I think they did come with the rear rack factory as well.

Trail FX and campus FX were again on the same chassis, except single rear brake and standard centrifical clutch, campus on street tires, trail on offroad. they had lights to.

Condor and spoiler were on the same chassis as well but easy to spot as they dont have lights so the welded on tail light/plate tab on the back of the frame and the condor does not have the triangle tabs for a light or number plate on the front. both were "off the road" bikes standard centrifugal clutch, offroad tires, a spoiler did not come with a front fender so the tabs are also not welded to the lowers

All these bikes used the Tecumseh HS40 and these were also the first bikes that introduced the slanted engine plate design.

You could get upgrades and plenty of accessories, I kinda think that the typical colors stuck with the corresponding bikes and one reason I say that is if you expand this pic and look at the part numbers for the front disc brake conversion they differ and the only reason I can think of between the bikes would be the color of the included fork lower (spoiler would also not come with a fender tab)