frijole decisions

I'm pretty much done with the fork at work so I started grinding on the frame to take it in too. now things are a little clearer, I thought this was an early frame for the last couple years its been floating around between friends, but now I finally started working on it I grinded all that crap off and heres what was underneath, I wanted to keep the bent bar cause it looks like the older model and would make for a cool seat mounting point, but the geometry is off. So I'm thinking about a 1 inch straight bar across the top. What do you guys think?

As for the forks I kept the lower sprung section on cause I thought it might be cool to run a bicycle wheel later or something, I reinforced it up back and welded a piece of perforated steel on the front for a different looking number plate, pics on request.

I'm gonna keep the rear honda 50 wheel for now cause it already has a chain and foot brake rigged up. plus I wanna see what kind of top speed I can get with a tall tire.

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures I got from steenstacominibikes.com

The first is a series I

This is a series III

Your frame judging from the straight down tube off of the steering neck appears to be of the series III variety

Last edited:
I was looking at it closer and it has some gaps on the sides where the top bar goes into the back so I think it was changed, plus it has weld at the front. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna change it back to a straight one I just hope I can find some suitable tube at work, keep you posted.

Still not sure on the color but I got the bar semi put in, the primer is parts that are done so not too much yet, lots of grinding and more little hole filling and maybe some filler work if I think it might be nice. I've got sidetracked with a 22 that was a roller I'm going do any frame work and primer and try to sell it as a "finish your way" project roller.

Last edited: