fuel pulse pump supply? return line?

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a new project that requires moving the fuel tank and running a fuel pulse pump and had a couple questions.

Its on a predator 212 hemi that will have a top plate for the fuel pump mount and throttle linkage. I am curious what is considered the best "source" for the pulse needed to power the fuel pump efficiently. I have seen people running it off the breather port on the valve cover, I have seen people use a manifold between the carb and head with a vacuum nipple to power the fuel pump, and have seen the hole in the block where the governor arm was before deleting use to power the fuel pump. I currently have a vented catch can plumbed off the valve cover breather and was considering getting the pulse sourse crom a manifold between the carb and head, or the gov arm hole, unless the valve cover is the best supply for the pulse.

What is everyones input on "best" pulse source for a fuel pulse pump?
Manifold between carb and head?
Governor arm hole in block?
Valve cover?

No one has suggestions on fuel pump pulse source?
Intake manifold between carb and head?
Valve cover breather?
Governor arm hole?

I am goin to use either the valve cover breather or governor arm hole to vent into my catch can, but not sure which of the 3 options will provide the best pukse signal to power a pulse fuel pump?

What fuel pump? Some like a + - Pulse like the rectangular Mikuni pump in which case the crankcase or valve cover tapped before the reed valve work well. Some pumps like the walbro work with either just a vacuum pulse or both positive/negative pressure as the walbro has a spring on the diaphragm to return it after a vacuum pulse.

I was thinking of using a Walbro unless another pump is suggested.

I've also seen most people run just a single fuel line from the pump outlet to the carb. But I've seen a couple people run a Y in the fuel like between the pump and carb; one line after the Y going to the carb, the other line after the Y returning back to the fuel tank. I assume to not over work the pump when the carb bowl is full not asking for more fuel yet the pump is still pumping.

Is it suggested to run a Y and a return line back to the tank to help the pump?

No some pumps will have enough pressure to push open the needle and flood the carb. some folks work around this by running a smaller return line back to the tank so the pump cant build enough pressure to push open the needle. Mikuni sells different needle and seat diameters and if you ever have the issue you can get the smallest needle and seat to fix the issue. I had to do that on my shifter kart as I was too lazy to hook up a return line back to the tank.