Getting engine wet offroad

So I am getting an off road go kart, I plan to put my racing engine on it (change the cam whatever...) I already built a snorkel for it, but will the aluminum warp with the heat and then getting soaked? should I avoid water or mud?
thanks

they tend to loose spark when they get really wet. I dont think you need to worry too much about the block as far as warping and cracking but you should have some way of protecting it from mud caking up the cooling fins and everything

snorkel wont do any good with the flywheel fan sucking in water,dirt and mud packing the blower housing and cooling fins, if you get enough build up it can knock the coil off the block.

snorkel wont do any good with the flywheel fan sucking in water,dirt and mud packing the blower housing and cooling fins, if you get enough build up it can knock the coil off the block.

Do you have any ideas for what I can do? I am not dumping the entire engine in mud but driving on trails in GA after rain there will be mud spraying on it.

MB165

you can apply high temp silicone on the plug boot, pull the starter cover off and silicone the area where the wire enters the coil. give it a shot, i think it'll be ok

65ShelbyClone

It would helpful knowing what kind of offroad kart you're getting and where the engine will be on the chassis. A snorkel for the carburetor would probably be a good idea, but I doubt you need one for the blower. A splash shield would probably suffice.

I think a snorkel for the air filter will be fine. I've saw lawn mowers and stuff go in pounds way over the motor with only a snorkel. Some people put different plug boots on the motors but i've saw stock motors do ok. you may want to make some sort of splash guard or air box for the air filter because if you go in just a little water fast and get the air filter it wet it will stall.

I don't know about snorkels and shields and such but boeshield T9 is a good water proofing product for electronics and metals. We did some experiementing with it on electric fork lifts during Winter. Also used it on the back of boat panel electronics.