Gilson 525 Foot Pegs

Rooster63

Trim down the flat part of the peg on the bottom where it contacts the bracket. Slightly. It doesn't take much.
I've tried that. It'll take too much and probably make it worse. I'll look at it again.

By the way, I thought it was because the holes were so worn out so, I drilled them to 3/8". It tightened them up but, they still sit the same.

Rooster63

See what I mean? That would only move them further forward. Strange deal. The only thing that I can figure that wouled work is to cut them off and re-mount. I’m not gonna do that. They need to be completely repositioned. image.jpg

Last edited:
The photo you provided showing them from the top makes my idea of trimming the bottom a bad idea. What I see is a foot peg mount that needs to be cut off at the welds and rotated, or new pegs made. The only reason I commented was because I just now finished making some pegs out of 4" 7/8 DOM for my Bonanza project, and it was all fresh in my head. There were precise cuts and measurements, followed by free hand trimming and artistry with an angle grinder and a flap brush. ;)

Rooster63

The photo you provided showing them from the top makes my idea of trimming the bottom a bad idea. What I see is a foot peg mount that needs to be cut off at the welds and rotated, or new pegs made. The only reason I commented was because I just now finished making some pegs out of 4" 7/8 DOM for my Bonanza project, and it was all fresh in my head. There were precise cuts and measurements, followed by free hand trimming and artistry with an angle grinder and a flap brush. ;)
I hear ya. Did you read what I posted above the Pic in post 9?