Go dog go

Well I did it again I bought a Powell Phantom 7 off ebay and it had a 5.5 HP Briggs engine in the running bike, plus the original Tecumseh H70 engine.
It was in Pueblo, Colorado and with the much appreciated help of a motivated seller it was packed up in two big boxes, one for the two engines and the other for the dissembled frame.
The 2 packages weighed in at 174 pounds total and the cost from Pueblo , Colorado the Portland , Oregon was $182.00 from Grayhound Express Left there on Friday and arrived Monday.
I thought this might show the different in shipping alternative from UPS and Fed-x and the cost was a lot lower.
WOW Three Powell's in my garage I think the count is at an even dozen but who's counting LOL
Merry Christmas Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
GTO: It was on there for three different auctions and was bought twice on the Buy it now option, and one day after I sent the money for the sale ebay said it was a fraudulent sale.
But the young man selling it knew his mini bikes, and when I asked him if he ever heard of a Toule Trooper he got real excited and said he wanted one real bad. So I knew he was not a scam-mer. Well then I sent him the shipping money and the bike showed up right on time. When the more rare mini bikes come up for sale you sometime have to take a few risks like a rare Taco for me it's a Powell and someday I hope for a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler to put over the fireplace mantle LOL Steve :scooter:

Congratulations Steve. Christmas came early for you! It even looks like it has the original torque converter cover. Do you think that the cover could be reproduced? Any pictures or dimensions of cover would be greatly appreciated. Please Santa Steve I need one bad, I've been good all year.

Merry Christmas,
Bob

Well Bob : I have 3 Powells and only 2 belt covers so I would think that somehow a cover will have to be made. I guess I will have to look for a shop that has a press that can stamp out the 2 different shapes. One is just a round bowl shape the other end is popped out but flat on the end . I will take pictures real soon and send them to you.
Merry Christmas Steve :scooter: