Go kart technique help

He guys so with m other post i was finnaly able to get the correct parts for my go kart but i have another problem i broke my bearings es i bought some new ones but i would like to know is there a proper wa to put bearings on m axle or do i just oil m axle ith engine oil and slide it on this is also the same for m sprocket do i just slide the sprocket on with some oil and heat it up with a torch or is there a better w to do it because my other sprockets bent or broke the tooth b hitting it with a hammer which seemed like the onl wa it would work but it bent or broke it so is there a proper way to put m go kart sprocket nd bearings on my axle for miniam damage

Maybe try lightly sanding part of the axel down (not where the sprocket will be) and maybe consider buying a hub and getting RLV's split sprocket.

Most old Kart axles I have seen are so beat up rusted and beat on and have 10 coats of piant on them its best to just cut them out of the kart and start with a new axle. Alot of the old kart wheels are not made any more and very hard to find I made a puller to get the wheels off with its not made very strong so if the wheel dosent move with it I just cut the axle put the wheel in the arbor press on the end of my hyd press if the axle dosent push out then it dose to the lathe then I drill the axle then put it back in the arbor press then 98 percent the time they push apart Ive had a few that I had to drill the axle take the outside wheel half off then put the wheel back the lathe and bore the axle out all the way out of the inter wheel half. I dont use the hyd press to get wheels off the axle any more I did it one time and I still am looking for a rim it spit the rim at the key way . Ken

Last edited:
That is a good (and the best) way to take care of this, but new axles are expensive and I can only find them for like $50, any cheaper places? ?