Go Power rims sprocket setup help

markus

the original Go power series 2 wheels (6" and 8") had lugs cast into the inside of the wheel half to drill out for a standard bolt pattern hub/sprocket. I dont think those Matco aircraft ones ever had that, plus that looks like the 5" tailwheel version. Probably have to make your own setup unless Matco makes some sort of adapter plate for one of their brake systems that you could use.

markus

So these are Marco wheels ? I thought they were go power wheels ?
Matco got the original molds from Go power or something to that effect, They recast them, they look the same, just Matcos actual intentions for them are for aircraft. I doubt its a big deal if they are or arent, they are just about as pricey as an orginal set would be and problaby better cast/safer setup if they are. Much of Azusa's wheels are used for small aircraft as well.......The wobbly crap they make is sketchy on mini bikes and karts, I dunno If I wanna put my faith in them on a small aircraft :D

I was trying to find detailed photo's of the set of series II wheels I had but must have lost them in a computer changeout. I want to say they had go power cast into them somewhere, but mine were in fact 6" so that may differ. Have you taken them apart yet to look for any casting marks? I think Flexo used them in the later 1960's and 70's in 5" on the bikes, so somebody with one of those can probably help with how Flexo setup the brakedrum/sprocket for bike use. I don't recall anyone else using them in 5" on bikes. I would imagine the drums were done similar to the first version GP's where they had welded threaded stands, but with a much tighter bolt pattern.

I have a few sets of those wheels on my Micro's. All you have to do is get some spacers to bring the sprocket out from the wheel. Get some longer bolts and drill a blank sprocket.