Gold Chainers.....

i just "gold chain"ed it. replaced the seat bottom in the 02 Jetta. switched the passanger seat bottom for the drivers side!
i will get a replacement for the passanger though, when i can afford it.

You have been silent for far too long Jake! Elaborate.......
Meh...... It was just an opinion. I grew up with a shade tree mechanic for a father who was building and driving rat rods halfway across the country before they were rat rods. He took me to the Street Rod Nationals in a 32 Chevy with 1x2 boards holding the windows up when I was two years old. I can't remember a single car show we went to as a kid where I didn't hear my old man and a buddy refer to somebody or other as a "Gold Chainer"...... IMO, the term Gold Chainer represents a general attitude rather than really having anything to do with who built what or whether or not they wear a gold chain.

Here's a for instance....

A couple years ago we went to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona. Stayed in a Days Inn about a half hour from the Speedway. When we got up to head over there in the morning there was this guy in the parking lot who couldn't get the remote keyless to work on his automatic hydraulic trunk on his fiberglass 34 Ford......

A few weeks or so later, I was at a local cruise night and saw the same guy pull in in the same fiberglass 34 Ford. He pulled in the parking lot, looked around at the cars that were there, and must've decided they weren't up to par for him to be seen parking next to because he pretty much just passed through and left.

That guy was a Gold Chainer.

A couple years ago we went to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.
That's a great time, I drove down there in the middle of a snowstorm all the way from Buffalo back in 2000 in my 442:thumbsup:. If you participate in the show, they let you drive on the track and get a pic of your car there.

I know what you mean about the gold chainers Jake, no need to explain it:laugh:

That's a great time, I drove down there in the middle of a snowstorm all the way from Buffalo back in 2000 in my 442:thumbsup:. If you participate in the show, they let you drive on the track and get a pic of your car there.

I know what you mean about the gold chainers Jake, no need to explain it:laugh:
:thumbsup: If you ever decide to make the trip down again, hit me up!

Tempting.......it has been a while, not this year, (in the middle of a :censure:tranny swap) but with the right planning I'd love to make it there in '14...we'll see:thumbsup:

Meh...... It was just an opinion. I grew up with a shade tree mechanic for a father who was building and driving rat rods halfway across the country before they were rat rods. He took me to the Street Rod Nationals in a 32 Chevy with 1x2 boards holding the windows up when I was two years old. I can't remember a single car show we went to as a kid where I didn't hear my old man and a buddy refer to somebody or other as a "Gold Chainer"...... IMO, the term Gold Chainer represents a general attitude rather than really having anything to do with who built what or whether or not they wear a gold chain.

Here's a for instance....

A couple years ago we went to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona. Stayed in a Days Inn about a half hour from the Speedway. When we got up to head over there in the morning there was this guy in the parking lot who couldn't get the remote keyless to work on his automatic hydraulic trunk on his fiberglass 34 Ford......

A few weeks or so later, I was at a local cruise night and saw the same guy pull in in the same fiberglass 34 Ford. He pulled in the parking lot, looked around at the cars that were there, and must've decided they weren't up to par for him to be seen parking next to because he pretty much just passed through and left.

That guy was a Gold Chainer.
So...there were no ribbons to be had?:confused::doah:

Meh...... It was just an opinion. I grew up with a shade tree mechanic for a father who was building and driving rat rods halfway across the country before there were rat rods. He took me to the Street Rod Nationals in 1978 in a a 32 Chevy with 1x2 boards holding the windows up when I was two years old. I can't remember a single car show we went to as a kid where I didn't hear my old man and a buddy refer to somebody or other as a "Gold Chainer"...... IMO, the term Gold Chainer represents a general attitude rather than really having anything to do with who built what or whether or not they wear a gold chain.

Your early childhood memory is off a bit. I don't ever recall using the term "Gold Chainer"... It was "Corvette owner".

Meh...... It was just an opinion. I grew up with a shade tree mechanic for a father who was building and driving rat rods halfway across the country before there were rat rods. He took me to the Street Rod Nationals in 1978 in a a 32 Chevy with 1x2 boards holding the windows up when I was two years old. I can't remember a single car show we went to as a kid where I didn't hear my old man and a buddy refer to somebody or other as a "Gold Chainer"...... IMO, the term Gold Chainer represents a general attitude rather than really having anything to do with who built what or whether or not they wear a gold chain.

Your early childhood memory is off a bit. I don't ever recall using the term "Gold Chainer"... It was "Corvette owner".
:laugh:

Whatever.... Po-TAY-to / Po-TAH-to. :shrug: There you have it, I guess, straight from the horse's mouth...... I know I got the term from my dad somewhere along the line, so I guess a Gold Chainer is a Corvette guy....... :confused::wink::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

MiniBike Paul

I was enjoying your posts Jake, until the Corvette stuff - this is me a few years ago in my 675hp
Corvette - no gold chains here, check out the right front tire!!

(Sears Point, turn 2)

I think that you missed the point of my comment. Sure there is a satisfaction that comes from hard work and being able to buy whatever you want and to be able to own nice things. I have done that and it is very different from the pride and sense of accomplishment that comes from building or creating something with you own hands. That could be a painting, or piece of furniture or whatever. Even if it didn't turn out perfect it is still uniquely yours,
Yea probably did, I didn't mean anything personal about it.:thumbsup: