Goma's Minibike Massacre #12 June 24, 2023 Wareham, MA

I74

As the Wifey is from MA, this event is still on the top of our bucket list within the next few years,, when we make it back out there for awhile,, doing full time RV. ;)

Actually looks like a few events we would like to hit around the E coast,, including in NY & PA.. :cool:

I

joshua. c.

I'm hoping to have my new bike running by this event but if not my old bike just got a refresh and big valves so I'll be faster this year either way. The difference between the bikes will be weather I'm a little faster or allot faster.

I hope this year is a little cooler, the heat last year was just brutle! I went threw 6 bottles of water and 2 sodas.

I74

Remember last time we went to the Boston areas for around the 4th of July.

I thought humidity was bad in Iowa in the summer,, until spending some Summer time out there !

Couple of days I soaked thru like ''5'' T-shirts each day !!!!! o_O

Think I sweated out like 7 lbs in 8 days !

Sure was beautiful out there though,,, in MA, NY,, & PA !!! :cool:;)

I

Minimichael

I would love to attend, and drag a couple minis and some tools and a kid or two along. I just don't have a way to haul everything. Does anybody ever rent a U-Haul or something or other for that? I'd buy one but just have no room to keep it in the off-season.

joshua. c.

I would love to attend, and drag a couple minis and some tools and a kid or two along. I just don't have a way to haul everything. Does anybody ever rent a U-Haul or something or other for that? I'd buy one but just have no room to keep it in the off-season.
Find a small bike and stuff it in the backseat of your car. Thats how I attended my first Windber mini bike rally!

I74

Gumpit has his own trailer, you could rent one
What I would do, is get a ''mobility'' scooter carrier,, & hook it on to your hitch,, & is cheaper ''in the long run'',, plus you own it. ;)

You can put 2 Mini's on those. :cool:

Harbor Freight has, or had,, a ''really nice'' Alum. offering,, with a ramp,, & are awesome,, & i think only around a couple hundred bucks.

We plan on getting one to hook on the back of our future 5th wheel,, to haul our 2 Mini's..

Thing you want to do also is,,

Use a couple of tie down ratchet straps ,, & attach those to ea. end of the hauler,, & then attach the other ends to the frame ''or hard points'' of your vehicle.

That will keep the hauler ''pinned'' from moving from ''side to side'' ect,,,, & help keep the Mini's ''a lot'' more secured. ;)

I

Last edited:

joshua. c.

The weather is looking questionable this year so im only bringing 1 bike in case its to rainy so no trike this year. loading 2 bike and a trike in the rain would just suck. Also I don't have my new bike running so just my good old go race bike this time.

The weather is looking questionable this year so im only bringing 1 bike in case its to rainy so no trike this year. loading 2 bike and a trike in the rain would just suck. Also I don't have my new bike running so just my good old go race bike this time.
The blue bike with the Briggs?

joshua. c.

The blue bike with the Briggs?
yup same one as always, It just got rebuilt and has big valves now and I shaved the eyebrows. It actualy has been starting 10 x eazyer now and I dont know why. I haven't had a chance to test it against other bikes yet but it should be faster and more powerfull now.

joshua. c.

My bike dosn't start eazy anymore, this bike gave me nothing but trouble today and the pull start broke just before my heat, meaning I lost any chance to race. It keeps kicking the wrong way when I pull start it. ripping the pull cord out of my hand. This has always been a small issue with this bike but today it was worse. I think im going to swap the milled head back to a stock one to drop the commpresion some ( hopefully this solves the issue) I realy wish I had brought my backup bike instead. It has a solid rear end with a modified tecumseh flathead that starts much eazyer. It would have either been in the big wheel class or the stock class and its not as fast as my blue bike but its fast enough to be somewhat competitive.

The event itself was still fun and went quite well. althow I dont agree with the un even chances to get into the finals given to the 3 big wheel heats. They each took the top 10 compedators to go in the finals while the other classes got only the top 3 making them much harder to get into the finals in. in 10th place you aren't exactly a winner. They may have been larger classes but all the classes should have had the same chances because fair is fair.

The rain didn't realy hamper the turn out much, this event was still huge! Windber may have lost its title as the countrys largest mini bike event!
the rain stopped before anything kicked off anyways and the track was not as slippery or muddy as you would think given the morning rain. the class system seems to do what was intended giving varying types of bikes a chance to win when otherwise they woulden't and its always fun meeting new people at thise events. Over all it was fun and well worth the trip.