Got another Skat Kitty

rugblaster

I like the looks of a Kitty, but I'm too large to actually ride one. Looks like a pretty good crack in that rear fender.....maybe from an impact. I have enough experience with cast aluminium to know it can be difficult. Sometimes it works well and other times it is a mess. Depends on what the alloy is and if it has a lot of undesirable stuff in it. Boat parts (jet boat and inboard exhaust manifold parts) seem to be particularly bad.

I like the looks of a Kitty, but I'm too large to actually ride one. Looks like a pretty good crack in that rear fender.....maybe from an impact. I have enough experience with cast aluminium to know it can be difficult. Sometimes it works well and other times it is a mess. Depends on what the alloy is and if it has a lot of undesirable stuff in it. Boat parts (jet boat and inboard exhaust manifold parts) seem to be particularly bad.
Best I can tell is that piece was cut out. Lower frame rails are bent inward a bit so I guess they cut that piece out so the chain wouldn't rub. I have a guy that can weld anything. I will see what he can do. Hopefully he won't have a problem with the metal/cast being from the early 1960's.

rugblaster

I watch a lot of this guy's videos....Jody is a heck of a welder. If he is having trouble, anyone will have trouble. He shows what your up against with cast aluminum. Not great, but he show's how to make the best of it.

Opened a can of worms. Trying to straighten the frame rails before I get that chunk welded back in. So everything needs to come apart on the back wheel. The tire was flat and I am like "where is the valve stem"?. Here it was inside the wheel with the brake. Lol. Regular valve stem. Needs a L stem. Lol. Then no brake lining left on the shoes. There was a small spacer in the brake. Now I know why the wheel was over tightened and bent the frame. IMG_20200609_192237.jpg